WhatsApp comes with several useful archival conversation features and functions. Do you know that WhatsApp is a messaging app used by 1.5 billion users around the World? Do you know all its multiple features? For example, the feature of Archive or Hide messages is available on WhatsApp messenger. However, some of the conversations are most important to saved and access later on from the archived. Learn about how to archive or unarchive conversation in WhatsApp.
In other words, archiving conversation on WhatsApp is hiding the contents from the list and moving to archive. You can easily find it after you search for a specific contact and type any message to appear in the list.
Do you know How to Hide a Conversation in WhatsApp?
Did you hear about this function of WhatsApp before? That allows people to essentially hide messaging conversation from their chats feeds, from individuals or Groups without permanent deletion. In this article, you will learn about Archiving Chat Features. So you can hide the WhatsApp conversation or Chat from your screen that no one easily finds to read your messages. Here is how to archived messages in WhatsApp.
How to Archive Conversation or a Chat on WhatsApp
Yes, you can archive or hide any conversation or chat in WhatsApp on Android and iPhone or iOS devices.
Archive a Conversation in WhatsApp on Android device
To archive or hide a conversation in WhatsApp on Android device within a few steps:
- Open your WhatsApp on Andriod
- Tap and Hold the Conversation you would like to archive or hide
- Then the Archive option will appear at the top of your screen
- Next tap on Archive option and the conversation will hide from the screen
How to Archive All Conversation of WhatsApp on Android
WhatsApp also provides the feature of archive all conversation to its Android users in just one step:
- Navigate your WhatsApp on Android
- Tap on the Menu option
- Select the Settings option from the menu
- Then tap on Chat Settings
- Next, tap on the Archive All Chats option
- Finally, press OK to hide or archive your conversations
Archive a Conversation in WhatsApp on iPhone device
You can archive or hide a conversation in WhatsApp on iPhone or iOS device within few steps:
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone or iPad
- Then find the Chat in WhatsApp on your screen
- Next, just tap Slide your finger across the chat from right to left side
- Finally, your Conversation will Hide or Archive
How to Archive All Conversation of WhatsApp on iPhone
WhatsApp allows users with the feature of archive all conversation at a time on its iPhone or iOS users in just one step:
- Open your WhatsApp on iPhone device
- Go the WhatsApp Settings
- Select the Archive All Chats option
- Finally, your all conversations will Move to archive
How to Find Archived Chats on WhatsApp
Once we hide or archived on WhatsApp any conversation, do you know where it goes and from where we can restore it again? Let’s show how to find on your android and iPhone devices in below-given steps:
Unachieved WhatsApp Chat on Android device
Let’s show how to restore any chat is archived on Android device in few steps:
- Open your WhatsApp on Android device
- Scroll down at the bottom of your Chat screen and the hidden conversations will be available
- To view the conversation then tap on to Open the chats
- Next to Unarchive the conversation Tap and Hold long
- Then select the Unarchive icon at the top
- Finally, your Chat will restore or unarchived to your feed immediately
Restore or Unarchive WhatsApp Chat on iPhone
If you want to know how to unarchive or restore any archived conversation or chat on iPhone device in few steps:
- After receiving a New message from the archived conversation will Automatically unarchive or restore.
- Secondly, you can search for the Contact name or Message from that contact
- Then tap on the Archived Chats screen
- Next, Slide your finger on that chat moving from right to left side
- Finally, tap on the Unarchive to get back again your chat
Frequently Ask Questions by People
Here are some of the frequently asked questions by people with simple replied by me for your information:
Can someone see if you archive chat WhatsApp?
Yes, you can receive messages from the Archived conversation. Once you hide or archive a conversation, this will only hide from the main view and nothing else. You will get a notification when you received a new message in the archived chat and the same chat thread will reappear in the main list.
How do I permanently archive WhatsApp chats?
WhatsApp feature allows users to hide or archive a group or an individual chat from your chats list and later you can access it if needed. To Unarchiving individual chats or groups in below steps
- Go to the WhatsApp Settings and tap on Archived chats option
- Choose the Group or Individual chat you want to unarchive
- Then select the Unarchive option
Does the other person know if you archive a chat in WhatsApp?
No, the other user or person does not know that you archived him. When you archived a conversation or chat then WhatsApp does not notify that user or person. Even if you remove or delete a chat then the other users will not get a notice or know.
How do I delete archived chats on WhatsApp?
When you archived a conversation or chat and want to delete. Then tap and hold long until the option of Archive appears to you. If you want to archive all conversations or chats simultaneously. If you want to entirely empty your inbox without deleting the messages.
- Stop WhatsApp Group Members from Changing Group Info
- Share Facebook Videos on WhatsApp Android iOS
- How to See Blocked Contacts list on WhatsApp
- Forward Images along with Captions on WhatsApp
- Post long videos on Instagram
- How to send large video files on WhatsApp
- Remove cell phone number from Instagram account