Do you know how to block unblock someone on the Facebook web and app? There are best ways to block unblock someone or a person or profile on Facebook. With the growing number of users in social networks, the most unwanted people on Facebook with annoying messages. As FB has the world half population now on Facebook. However, many people engage with each other on Facebook, Messenger and share their updates, status, photos, and videos worldwide.
Unfortunately, big problems are coming with great networks. No offense, but some of the people are becoming a headache and the only way that can do good is to block their account profile. To summarize, either someone posts that you don’t like, or someone troubling on you, or someone who you don’t want to be your friend anymore, and you can easily block him/her from the friend’s list to unfriend them or block them.
In some conditions when an argument starts between the people initially and reaching to the aggression level or fight. After that, and therefore, the solution that Facebook gives relief for such issues and you have the power to block those people which you don’t want as your friends. In other words, this is how people demonstrate their anger and block their friends.
What is blocking on Facebook and how do I block someone?
The block on Facebook or Messenger blocks a person and him/her to the blocklist and stop interacting anymore. A black person can’t send you a message, friend request and can’t interact with your posts in any way. Furthermore, you will not appear to block people in the search result.
What is the benefit of Blocking?
Blocking has some benefits for you in different ways when you want to block someone on Facebook:
- The person is unable to visit your profile or see your posts.
- Unable to interact with you in any way.
- Those persons will be unable to send you a message on Messenger.
- They are unable to view your profile.
- Can’t be your friend again unless to unblock them.
How to Block Someone on Facebook Desktop
If you are using the Facebook web browser on your desktop computer and want to block someone on Facebook. Then there are these steps to follow:
- Once you open your Facebook with any browser,
- click on the Down-Arrow at the top right corner.
- Click on the “Settings & Privacy” and then Settings option from the menu.
- Select the Blocking option from the left pane on the Settings
- Go to the Block users section enter name of a user in the box and click on block blue button
- You will see list of people and click on the block button next to the username of that person
- Click again on Block option on pop-up to confirm your action
Note: In Manage blocking there are several options like block pages, block apps, block event invitations, block messages from, block app invites, block users, and restricted limit.
How to Block Someone on Facebook App
Most users are login to Facebook with their mobile app. If you want to block a person or user on the Facebook app then here are the following steps:
- Open Facebook Mobile app
- Tap on the Main Menu from the top right-side
- Scroll down select the Settings & Privacey option and then Settings option
- Go to the Audience and Visibility section and tap on Blocking option
- Now tap on ADD TO BLOCKED LIST (+) icon and type a name or email address in the search box on the next page
- Tap on the Block option next to the persone or someone name you want to block him.
- Again tap on Block option on the pop-up once appear to confirm your action
How to Unblock Someone On Facebook Desktop
If you blocked someone on Facebook by mistake or some other reason and want to unblock that person back. Then you can follow these steps. To get started how to do it.
- Lauch your Facebook with any web browser on your computer
- Click on the Down Arrow from the top right corner
- Now select the Settings & Privacy and then Settings option from the menu
- Select the Blocking option from the left side pane on the settings page
- Go down to Block Users section and you will see the list of blocked persons
- Here click on the Unblock option next to person name that you want to unblocked.
- Click on Confirm option when Facebook asked are you want to unblocked the user
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook App
Here are these steps to unblock someone or a user or a person on a Facebook Mobile app:
- Tap to open your Facebook Mobile app
- Select the Main Menu or Hamburger Menu from top right side
- Tap on the Settings & Privacy and then Settings option from the menu
- Scroll down to the Audience and Visibility section and tap on Blocking option
- You will list of blocked people and find the person you want to unblock
- Tap on the Unblock option next to the person name in the list
- Select Unblock option from the pop-up to confirm your action
Alternative Ways to Block Someone on Facebook Desktop and App
Let’s show you some of the alternative methods to block someone or person or a user on Facebook desktop using a web browser and app.
How to Block Someone on Facebook App
You can block someone on the Facebook app within a few steps by searching name of a person or profile or direct visit to person’s profile page and then block it:
- Open Facebook app on mobile
- Enter username in the Search bar
- Tap on the Person name from suggestion list and visit user’s profile page
- Now tap on More button
- Tap Block to block user profile from friend list.
- Again tap on Block option from pop-up to confirm your action
Block Someone on Facebook Via Web
The quickest way to block someone is in case you are using Facebook on a web browser. You can search or find the person and head to the user profile. Here are the following steps to do it.
- Open Facebook Web using browser.
- Enter person name in the search bar
- Head to the person’s profile page.
- Click on Three-dots or More options button
- Selec the Block option from the menu
- Click on the Confirm option that appear in pop-up
If you speculating whether the profile knows your block action But the user couldn’t find your block action. After that, People are unable to send any message or notification that you have blocked. Hence, there is the only way to know when they visit your profile. But the block contact will be unable to send you a message, friend request, or interact with you or unable to poke in your contents.
Here are the following frequently asked questions by various people regarding block unblock someone on Facebook and might you are interested to read it.
How to block someone on Facebook without them knowing
When you block someone on Facebook they will not notice or get any message that person blocked by you. Go to the person profile page, Select the three-dot or more option and select the block option from the menu. Then confirm your action to remove the person from your friend list.
When you block someone on Facebook do they know?
Can they view you have blocked them? People will not be getting any notification when you block them. You can also stop messages from people or users on Facebook as well. They will not be able to contact or send messages to you in the Messenger app in case you do this – and they also will not be notified.
In conclusion, and to summarise, if you don’t like someone on Facebook, you can simply go ahead with the blocking option. Sometimes people feel harassment from other users or you just don’t like someone watching your content. After all, you have the tools to trigger and get rid of someone.
Big network, with a high population the protection from people is there. Hence, you can simply filter your friend’s list to unfriend if you don’t like anymore. Furthermore, the block option in Facebook is categorized into several options. Such as block messages, invitations, and pages.