Do you know how to block Unblock a number on iOS (iPhone or iPad)? Let’s talk about Using the blocking features in iOS to keep limit who can contact, call, text, or FaceTime you. The iOS platform since iOS version 7 has provided more sophisticated features to block unwanted contacts from calling you by phone or sending you text messages or call on FaceTime. The functionality is built into iOS itself in place of being dependent on a particular application.
Below guidelines in this post work in iOS 12 and up, but the functionality is the same for iOS 11 and 10 versions. Let’s how to block Calls from Telemarketers and Others on your iPhone or iPad devices
How to Block Contacts From Sending Messages or Calls on iOS or iPhone/iPad
Here are the following easy ways to block someone or contacts from sending Messages or calls on iOS or iPhone or iPad.
How to Add a Contact to the Blocked List
Let’s show you how to block someone from calling or texting to you in two ways on your iOS (iPhone or iPad) devices.
Blocking Someone from Calling or Texting
Here is the first way to block someone. Who has been added to your mobile’s contact or add a contact to the blocked list in the following steps:
- Go to Settings option
- Then Select Phone option
- Tap the Call Blocking and Identification
- Press the Block Contact option
- Now All Contacts window will open where you can scroll through names to the select the name of the contact you would like to block
- You will return back to the Blocked Page with the name added to the blocked contacts list
In the Settings, you can also select either FaceTime or Messages to blocked contacts, and the follow the above-given instructions.
Block Someone from Calling and Messaging
You can block someone from calling and text messaging within the Phone app in the following Steps:
- Tap on the Phone app to open
- Then tap Recent option (Instead of tapping the Recent tab, use the Contact tab of the phone application the method is similar)
- Find the number you block to tap the blue “I” icon to open its detailed info page
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen then tap Block This Caller option
- Finally, tap on the Block Contact option proceed you to action or tap the cancel if you change your think
The message “You will not getting phone calls, FaceTime, or messages from people on the block list”. Will appear with two options: Block Contact or Cancel Press Block Contact to add the number to the big, bad blocked contact list.
Block from Messages by tapping the message thread with the contact and selecting the blue “I” info icon in the top right corner. Press their number and then proceed with the same steps as in the Recent tab in Phone.
What Is Blocked?
What types of Communications are blocked will depend on what info you have of that person in your phone address book:
- If you have their phone contact or number, they are blocked from calling you, or sending you text messages or placing FaceTime calls from the phone number saved on your phone.
- If you have their email address, they are blocked from sending texting you through iMessage or placing FaceTime calls using the blocked email address.
Whatever information you block, the setting only works to users using the built-in phone, messages, and FaceTime applications that come with the iPhone devices. If you use applications from other sources for texting or calling. These settings will not block or prevent users or people from contacting you. Several calling and texting application provide own blocking features or functions. So you may be able to block a user or people in that application a little research.
What Do Blocked People See?
The users you block have no idea you blocked them. That is because when they try to call you, their call goes to voicemail. The same with their texts, they will not see any indication that their text did not go through. To them, everything will look normal. You can still send a text or calling them if you want, without any changing your block settings.
How to Unblock a Number or Someone on iOS (iPhone or iPad)
There are many ways to block a contact on the iOS platform using a phone number or email address. When someone or contact is blocked, that person or contact can’t text, call, or FaceTime you. Reversing the method is very simple to unblock that contact.
The guidelines in this post work to iOS 11 and iOS 12. Functionality is the same for entire currently supported versions of iOS devices
How to Unblock a Number on iOS or iPhone or iPad
If you blocked someone or contact before. Here is how to unblock or remove that block contact from the blocked list. So that person or contact can call and text message to you. Here are below listed steps for you how to do it:
- Tap the Settings option
- Then Phone option on an iPad which doesn’t use the Phone app Tap Settings option> FaceTime option
- Select the Call Blocking & Identification option
- Swipe right to left across the contact or number, tap Unblock option in the Block Contact list
How to Unblock People Who Text You
If you blocked contact or someone in Messages to stop the person from sending text messages to yours. To unblock the contact or number in the Message App on iPads or iPhones.
- Tap Settings to open and tap Messages option
- Go down and tap Blocked option
- Then Swipe right to left across on the number you wish to unblock and select Unblock option
Unblock Callers in Your Contacts List
If you want to unblock number you blocked belongs to someone in your Contact list. Unblock the number or contact from their listing in Contacts. Scroll down to the bottom and tap on the person’s contact info and then select Unblock this Caller option
How to Unblock a Number With Your Phone Company
Using the function built into iOS to prevent contact or number is fast and straightforward. But it is not the only way to block contacts or numbers. Most mobile or phone companies provide a service – sometimes for a fee and some time for free – that you can use to block phone contacts or numbers. If you have blocked phone contacts or numbers that way. The instructions in the section above will not work for you. Those only apply to numbers blocked on using iOS features on your Apple device.
If you used your phone company’s call-blocking service. And wish you to unblock a number, call the phone company or try its iPhone app or online help center (if there is one). In this way, the phone company can unblock the number for you.
Frequently Ask Questions-FAQ
here are the following questions asked by different people you might interested to read it.
How to block a number on iPhone from texting?
If you want to block Spam or Unwanted text messages from unknown on iPhone device:
- Tap to Open the Message App
- Then select the message from the spammer contact
- Select detail on the upper right-hand corner side
- You will see a phone icon and an Info “I” icon from the number right side
- Scroll down and tap on Block This Caller option at the bottom of the page
How to block my number on iPhone?
If you want to block your phone number from caller ID on a call-by-call basis:
- You will need to Dial *67 then the area code and phone number of the business or person you would like to contact
- Your number will display as No Caller ID on the screen of the recipient
How to unblock a number on iPhone 8
To unblock contacts/calls on your iPhone 8 plus in the following steps:
- Go to setting from the home screen
- Select Phone to open the app
- Then tap on the Call Blocking & Identification
- Tap Edit option
- Select the Unblock option to confirm your action
How to Unblock a Number on iPhone 6?
Users of the iPhone 6 can unblock a number on their phone in the same way. Go the Settings>Phone>Call Blocking & Identification>Edit option> Unblock and confirm their action.
How to unblock my number on iPhone
To unblock a number on their phone in the same way. Go the Settings>Phone>Tap More>Tap Settings>Blocked numbers.>Next to the number you want to unblock>Tap Clear to unblock.
I think the above methods or ways will help your to block unblock someone or contact or number from calling, text messaging and FaceTime Call.