Do you know how to change your default Google Account on an Android device? In case you use an Android smartphone or tablet, you aware that your Google account is tightly integrated with the experience. The default account will decide how you are logged in or signed in to many applications, especially Google applications or apps. In this post, you will the way of how to change your default Google Account or Gmail account on an Android phone. You can also read this: How to Delete Your Google Account Permanently
It is very simple and easy to add multiple Google accounts to your Smartphone Android or tablet device, setting one to be the “default” email account is cumbersome. The default account is whichever account you logged into when you first set up the device. That means in set up to change it, you will require to log out or sign out of accounts.
How to Change Your Default Google Account on Android Phone
On your Android smartphone device say you are logged into two Google accounts. First, you will require to log out of the current default account. After that, the second account will promote to the default spot, then you can log in back into the 1st account. Here are these steps to do it.
- Go to the Settings by swipe down from the top of your Android device or tablet’s screen (It is depending on the phone manufacturer to once or twice the time)
- Then tap on the Gear icon to navigate the Settings menu or Tap on the Settings app from the android apps
- Go down the Settings list and select the Google option
- You will see your default Google Account available at the top of the screen. Tap the drop-down arrow icon below your name to show up the list of accounts.
- Next, select the “Manage Account on this Device.” option
- You will now view all the accounts list you are logged into on your device. Locate your default Google account and select it.
- Press to Remove Account option
- It is essential to keep in mind that removing the account will delete entire contacts, messages, and other related data found on your tablet or Android device. Luckily, most data is backed up to your account and it will be restored once you log in again.
- Select the Remove Account on the confirmation pop-up message in case you are okay with that
- Finally, your account will be removed from the accounts list and your phone device.
Now you will need to return back to the Google settings to add another Google account for more detail read continue till the end.
How to Add Another Google Account to your Android Device
When you remove the account from your Android phone then follow these steps to add another Google account.
- Go back to the Google settings from the mobile settings app
- Tap on the drop-down arrow icon near your name again to open the account list.
- Now tap on the Add Another Account option
- After you make sure it is you with your Password or fingerprint, a Google sign-in page or login page will appear.
- Now follow the steps on-screen and type your credentials for the account you want to add.
It may take several minutes for your account to be imported. When it is finished, you will be set with a new default Google account on your Android phone or tablet device.