There are several ways to change your profile picture on Instagram 2021. The profile picture on Instagram is the first detail for someone when the other people notice once they go to your Instagram profile. Several users will form a first impression according to the picture, which is why have the best stunning image is important. In case you do not think that the current one is up to scratch, got a new look, and wish to show it off to your Instagram users and followers? You are in luck. Instagram allows its users to change their profile images in a very easy way. It is time to change it to another good one. But how can you do that exactly? Let me show you how to do it in different ways like the Instagram site and the Instagram mobile app (Android, iPhone, Mac, Chrome, and Windows 10.)
In this post, you will learn step-by-step instructions for changing your Instagram profile picture or image using an Instagram mobile app, Instagram site on pc or phone, and another device as well.
How To Change Profile Picture On Instagram Mobile Web browser?
To change your Instagram profile picture on Instagram is very easy and straightforward on a mobile web browser. Here are the following steps to do it.
- Go to your Instagram profile by press the Profile icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Choose the Edit Profile option from the right beside your username
- Select the Change Profile Photo or Change Photo option. You will now be two options to import it from Facebook or take a new picture.
- Choose the take a new pic option
- Now take your new profile image or choose one from your camera roll
- Submit it and the picture will now appear up as your Profile Image
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on Android
Now most people are using Instagram on Android devices and they can easily change their profile picture within a few steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your Android smartphone
- Tap on the Profile icon to go to your IG profile page
- Tap on the Edit Profile option and followed by the Change Profile Photo option
- Choose the location from where you want to import your picture or take a new image
- Move or Size your picture using the cropping feature
- Once you are done all the set up then tap on the Next button represented by the arrow option in the top right corner
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on iPhone
The users of Instagram can change their Instagram picture is not difficult while using iPhone devices. Let’s follow these given steps:
- Tap to Open Instagram app on your iPhone phone
- Then tap on the Profile icon
- Next to your profile picture tap on the Edit Profile button
- Here select the Change Profile Photo option in the top part of your screen
- Choose a picture available on your device or Take a new Picture
- When you are satisfied with your changes tap on the Done option. The picture will upload immediately to Instagram.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on Mac
Let’s show you how to change your profile picture on your Mac device. Here are these steps to follow:
- Open Instagram with any web browser on your device and log in to your IG account by entering your credentials and go to the home page.
- Click on the profile icon in the top right of your display
- Select the Profile option
- Then click on your profile picture and a pop-up window will appear to you.
- Choose the Upload Photo option
- Search your PC for the stunning image and press the Open when you have fined and selected it.
- The picture will be uploaded now as your profile image.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture on Windows 10
You can change your Instagram profile image on Windows 10. Let’s follow these steps:
- Open your Instagram’s website and sign in with your credentials
- Select your current profile image on the upper right side of the screen
- Choose the Profile option
- Here select Edit Profile or profile picture and click on the Upload Photo option
- Locate the picture you want to set as your profile picture and select the Open option
- After the picture will now be uploaded to your profile.
How to Change Your Instagram Profile Picture Using Chrome
One of the most famous internet browsers is Google Chrome. It is only the perfect way that covers how to change your Instagram profile image while using the good program:
- Navigate the Google Chrome browser on your device
- Click in the search bar and type instagram.com
- Hit the Enter key on your Keyboard
- Then the login page will open to you. Enter your Username and password to move on
- Click on the Profile picture in the upper-right corner side of your screen and select the Profile option
- Select your current profile image or Edit Profile option and click on the Upload Photo option
- Search your computer for the picture you want to set as, select it and click to Open option
- Your picture will be uploaded and updated with your new profile image.
FAQ: Frequently Ask Quetions
Here are the following frequently ask questions by various people and might you are interested to read it:
How do I add a profile picture or change my current picture on Instagram?
You can add a profile picture or change your current picture on the Instagram mobile app or Instagram lite app on iPhone or Android phone. To change or add a profile picture on Instagram using Instagram.com on mobile or computer browser.
- Using the Mobile app: Go to Instagram app>profile picture>Edit Profile>Change Profile Photo> import your picture from>Tap Done (iPhone) or Done (Android).
- Using Instagram Lite app: Open Instagram Lite app>Instagram user profile or Profile Picture at the bottom>Edit Profile>Change Profile Photo>Import picture from>Save it.
- Using Computer or Mobile Web browser: Open Instagram.com>profile picture Bottom or top>Edit Profile>Change Profile Photo>Import your picture from>Submit.
How do I change my profile picture on Instagram?
To change your profile picture on Instagram. Launch your Instagram app and go to your IG profile page, select the Edit profile option, and change profile photo. Then import your picture from the mobile and tap on the Done option. Your picture will upload to Instagram.
How to Change the Size of Your Instagram Profile Picture?
You are unable to change the size of your Instagram profile photo. One thing can do is to resize your picture while uploading your profile picture.
Does Instagram Tell People When You Change Your Profile Photo?
Instagram does not inform other users once you change your profile picture. Of course, people will be able to see and check out your new image, but they will not be notified of the change directly.
How to Change Your Profile Picture on Instagram Without Cropping?
Unluckily you are unable to change your profile image on Instagram without cropping. As of today, the application does not have any feature that allows you to upload full-sided pictures.
What to Do if You Get an Error While Changing Your Instagram Profile Picture?
Most people have reported encountering an error while changing their profile picture on Instagram. In case that happens to you, here’s what you can try:
- u003cbru003eu003cbru003e: Sign out or log out or quit Instagram on your device and re-open it to try and re-upload the picture.
- u003cbru003e: Open the Play Store or App Store to make sure that you are using the updated version, and the application does not need any updates.
- u003cbru003e: Sign-in or Log in to your desktop PC and try to edit or change your picture from there.
Why Did I Get a Notification About My Instagram Profile Picture?
You will not get notifications from Instagram about your profile picture. Therefore, the chances are that you mistook it for another one. The application notifies its users about 6 categories:
- u003cbru003e: Messages
- u003cbru003e: Posts, comments, and stories
- u003cbru003e: Followers and following
- u003cbru003e: From Instagram
- u003cbru003e: IGTV and live
- u003cbru003e: Fundraisers