Do you know how to change your WhatsApp background? To add a personal flourish by visiting WhatsApp settings then chats is where you will find wallpaper options on both Android and iOS devices. Add a wallpaper of your choice to applies to all your chats. You can also use any image or photo as a background.
In this post, you will learn how to manage or change your WhatsApp background on both Android and iOS phones as well as explains everything you require to know about what backgrounds are available and how to edit or change them.
How to Change WhatsApp Background on Android
In case you are using an Android smartphone and wish to change your WhatsApp chats or message wallpaper, the method is nearly similar but needs looking in a little various places. Here is these step to change your WhatsApp background on Androids smartphones. This process similar to all Android devices that are able of running the WhatsApp app.
- Go to your WhatsApp app on your Android smartphone
- Select the three Lines More icon
- Tap on the Settings option from the menu
- Now tap on the Chats option
- Select Wallpaper option
- Tap on the Change option
- Here you can choose from either your image from gallery/album, solid colors, Bright color, or the Wallpaper library (I Choose Image from My Photos)
- You may require to download the WhatsApp Wallpaper library before using it.
- Select your chosen option
- Tap on the Set option
- The WhatsApp wallpaper has now been changed across entire chat windows.
How to Change WhatsApp Background on iPhone or iOS
If you don’t know to change your WhatsApp background wallpaper, it is very simple enough to change the chat background to anything you wish to be. Here are these steps to follow that how to change the WhatsApp background on iPhone/iOS-based smartphones. The below instructions are work for all iOS/iPhones that are capable of running the WhatsApp application.
- Tap to open WhatsApp app on your iPhone device
- Go the Settings by tapping on the Settings option
- Select the Chats option
- Now tap on the Chat Wallpaper option
- Select the Wallpaper Library, Solid Colors, or Photos depending on your choice.
- Wallpaper Library gives you a selection of predefined options to change your WhatsApp background to, while Solid Colors is self-explanatory, and Images lets you choose a background from your Photos album.
- Select your choice of wallpaper.
- Then tap on the Set option (Tip: You can select to browse through other options by swiping right or left between the available choices.)
- The WhatsApp background has now been changed
Tip: Select Reset Wallpaper to reset it to the default message background.
What Else Do I Need to Know About WhatsApp Backgrounds?
There are some important points to keep away from changing your WhatsApp chat background. Here is the fastest overview of what you require to know and what’s possible when it comes to entire things related to WhatsApp backgrounds wallpaper.
This change of background applies to entire chats. You cannot change single chat windows to different backgrounds. Choosing a background wallpaper applies it to entire chats.
It’s possible to use any image as a background. Choosing a photo from your gallery or album is a great way of adding the most personal touches to your messages, plus you can find backgrounds online to change things up in case you want.
You cannot apply filters. WhatsApp does not offer photo editing or filtering options other than the capability to zoom in on your chosen background.
Solid colors are a useful accessibility aid. In case you require message windows to be clear when choosing a solid color is the best way of ensuring that the text is more noticeable on display.
How to change WhatsApp home screen wallpaper without any app
You can change the WhatsApp home screen wallpaper without downloading any app. Just Go to the WhatsApp Settings>Chats>Wallpaper>MyPhotos>Choose Image you want to set>Set as Wallpaper your WhatsApp home screen wallpaper will change.
How to change chat background on WhatsApp for one person Android
Here is how to change and set WhatsApp wallpaper for single chats:
Open your WhatsApp contact to set a specific wallpaper for that special chat. Go to your Account Details and then to the Wallpaper & Sound option. Select the wallpaper for that special contact using Choose a New Wallpaper feature. Now your choice is between Dark, Bright, and Solid Colors. Select the one that you like and expresses your relationship with the contact best.