Do you know how to remove or clear cache and cookies in Mozilla Firefox desktop and mobile? If you are facing problems formatting or fix loading issues. And you are trying to improve your browsing experience in the Firefox browser. Then you will need to clear your cache and cookies are the best place to start. If you want to clear cache and cookies in the Firefox web browser on your computer or mobile then here’s how to do it. Let’s see what happens when you remove or delete them.
What Happens When Cache and Cookies Are Deleted?
Once you open and visit a website, it will probably remember or save certain information.
- Cookies keep remember or save a user’s searching or browsing data with their consent)
- Cache helps web site pages to load more fast by saving or remembering videos, images, and other parts of the webpage from the last time visit in place of needing to rerender all the things with every time visit.
- When you clear your browser cookies and cache, it will remove all of your this information removed.
- That will delete any passwords you have typed or entered on a website will need to reentered
- The load time of the website previously visited sites will increase due to it require to download each packed of data from the webpage again
- Even still, a new fresh start is sometimes require, especially when troubleshooting browser problems.
How to Clear Mozilla Firefox’s Cache and Cookies on Desktop or Laptop
First Way# Clear Firefox’s Cache & Cookies Desktop or Laptop
Here are the following steps to Clear Firefox’s cache and cookies on desktop or laptop web browser:
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser on your PC or Laptop
- Select the View History, Save bookmarks, and more icon from the top right of web browser
- Click on the History option from the menu when appears to you
- Now select the Clear Recent History option under the History menu
- Choose the Time Range you want to clear select from the drop-down menu such as Last, Two, Four Hours, Today or Everything
- Then go to History Section select the check boxes such as Cache and Cookies you want to clear
- Finally click on the Clear Now option
After that all your cache and cookies or the one you selected such as browsing & download history, active logins, & form & search history will be removed from the browser.
Second Way# Clear Firefox’s Cache & Cookies Desktop or Laptop
- Open the Firefox browser on your Desktop
- Click on the Main Menu or Hamburger icon from the top right corner of the browser
- Select the Options from the drop-down menu once open
- Select the Privacy & Security option from the left side pane of the Firefox preferences settings once open in a new tab
- Alternatively, enter the about:preferences#privacy in the address bar of Firefox to go to straight to the Privacy & Security tab of the Firefox preferences without going through the long way of the previous steps
- Go to the Cookies and Site Data section
- Click on the Clear Data option if you want to clear cookies and site data when you close Firefox box next to that option
- The Clear Data window will open. Now check the boxes next to the Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web content
- The Select the Clear option
- A warning message will pop-up, letting you know that if you click the Clear Now that you may be logged out of all websites and offline web content may be removed. If you want then click on the Clear Now option
- After that, a few seconds, your cookies and cache data will be removed or deleted.
How to Clear Firefox’s Cache and Cookies on Mobile
Clear Firefox’s Cache and Cookies on Android devices
Here are these steps to follow to clear Firefox’s cache and cookies on your android devices:
- Tap to open Firefox’s browser on your Android mobile
- Select the More or Three-vertical dots in the top-right side corner
- Select the Settings option from the menu
- Now tap on the Clear private data from the bottom of your screen
- You will see several options and make sure that you selected the options that you wish to clear the data from
- Select the checkboxes next to the Cache and Cookies option
- Now tap on the Clear Data option to continue to clearing data process
- So after a few seconds, your all cache and cookies data will be cleared.
Clear Firefox’s Cache and Cookies on iPhone devices
Here are these steps to follow to clear Firefox’s cache and cookies on your iPhone devices:
- Open Firefox’s browser on your mobile
- Tap on the Main Menu or hamburger icon at the bottom-right side
- Select the Settings option from the menu once appear
- Scroll down to the Privacy section in the Settings menu
- Then tap on the Data Management option
- On the next screen in the Clear Private Data, you will see several options to select from
- Tap on the toggle the slider to the right side for the options that you wish to clear the data from.
- Otherwise, confirm they are toggled to the left side so that your data is cleared
- Make sure first that the Cache and Cookies slider is toggled to the right side one. When you are ready then select the Clear Private Data option
- Once the warning message appears and lets you know that action will clear your cache and cookies data then tap on the OK option
So after a few seconds, your all cache and cookies data will be cleared.