Do you know how to clear search history on the Instagram app and web? How to delete Instagram search history using a mobile app or computer browser? Everyone cares about their privacy on entire social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, YouTube, & Instagram. But Instagram also keeps a record of your search history. This is a fast and best way to find hashtags or accounts that you have looked for in the past. The important part of online life is privacy, and your search history can show people a lot about you.
This is why we recommend to all of you to clear out on a regular basis. This is true for web browsers and social media platforms such as Instagram. You can’t try to hide or disappear anything, of course, and just want to delete out those Hashtags and profiles or accounts that are not want to continue or interesting to you anymore. The past searches also affect the accounts you followed on IG.
How to delete or Clear Search History on Instagram App and Web (Computer, Android or iOS) devices
In this article, you will learn how to delete search history on the Instagram app and web while using your computer and Android or iOS device (iPhone & iPad). It will help you to clear the search history of IG on your Mobile app and Desktop web. Let’s show you how to clear the Instagram search history in given-below ways.
How to Delete Search History on Instagram on Computer or Mobile Browser
Let’s show how to clear or delete all search history on Instagram on your Web browser while using your PC or Smartphone. Here are the steps to clear search history on Instagram.
Steps to Clear Instagram Search History
- Open any browser on your Computer or Mobile phone
- Type or visit Instagram.com on your browser
- Log in to your Instagram account with Username & Password
- Click on your IG Username or Name to open your profile
- You can also click on the Profile icon at the top right side corner to open your profile or Tap on the Profile photo near to username at the bottom right side
- Now click on the Edit Profile or Gear icon on your profile
- Select the Privacy & Security tab once appear on your screen or
- Now scroll down and click on the View Account Data under Account data
- Go to the Account Activity and click on View All under Search History
- Click on the Clear Search History link option
- Finally, click on Yes I’m sure on the confirmation Clear Search History box pop-up to you
- After that, all your search history on Instagram will delete from your history
How to Clear Search History on Instagram Android
You can delete search history on Instagram android device app in the following steps:
- Open the Instagram App on your Smartphone
- Log in to your IG Account if not
- Tap on the Profile icon at the bottom right side
- Then tap on the Three-Horizontal Line or Hamburger Menu from the top right corner
- Now tap on the Settings Gear icon at the bottom
- Select the Security option under the settings
- Go down the tap on the Search History option under the Data and History section
- Tap on the Clear All option to remove or delete your entire search history on Instagram
- To delete manually click on Cross icon to the right side of profiles and hashtags to delete one by one search history of hashtags and accounts
How to Delete Search History on Instagram iOS App (iPhone & iPad)
Here are the steps to delete search history on an Instagram app while using iPhone & iPad devices (iOS).
- Open the Instagram app on your iOS device
- Sign in to your Instagram Account with your credentials
- Tap on the Profile Photo at the bottom
- Now tap on the Main Menu or Three-line bars at the top
- Select the Settings Gear icon at the bottom
- Then tap on the Security option
- Go to Data and History section
- Tap on the Search History option
- If you want to delete search history then tap on the Clear Search History option
- It will remove or delete all your search history on your Instagram account and you can also delete one by one search hashtags and accounts
Remember that clearing or deleting search history on IG is temporary, and that searches you delete or clear my reappear in your history after you view or look for them again or back.