Do you know how to create a new folder in Gmail? Your Gmail inbox can quickly get overwhelming. A way to maintain better your email account is to create folders (known as “labels” in Gmail) and organize your emails accordingly.
As you read in the above paragraph, Gmail uses a system known as labels-it does not actually have folders. While there are some subtle differences among the traditional folder and labels (such as the ability to assign an email to various labels), the concept or idea is pretty much the same. Labels are used to organize emails, just like you would with folders.
How to Create folders in Gmail by using labels to organize your emails
You can create new folders in Gmail inbox by using labels, which are best for arranging the different emails you receive every day. The labels function in Gmail essentially serves the same object as folders, letting you group your emails into different categories. Gmail also has a “Move to” feature, which allows you easily send your email to a particular folder you have created. Here are below ways through which you can also create a new label directly in your inbox using a computer and mobile device.
How to Create a New Label in Gmail for Desktop
- Open your desktop browser as you like such as Chrome
- Go to the Gmail website and Sign in to your account
- Next, select the Gear icon in the top-right corner of the browser window
- Click on the “See All Settings” from the drop-down menu once appear
- Select the Labels tab from the top in the settings
- Go down to the Labels section and select the Create a New Label option
- Then a pop-up window of New Lable will appear. Enter your new label name into the text box under Please enter a new label name. Press the Create button to generate the new label.
- You can also the next labels. To do that, you will require to have at least one label created before.
- You can also nest labels. To do so, you will require to have at least one label created before. Just select the check box beside the “Nest Lable Under,” select the arrow to the right of the text box, and from the drop-down menu select parent label.
In the bottom left corner of your screen, a toast notification will appear to let you know the label was created.
In the Gmail inbox, your new label will now show in the left-hand pane.
How to Create a New Label in Gmail for Mobile
If you are using a mobile phone like Android or iPhone, iPad then you can also create a new label using the Gmail app. To do this you will need to follow these steps:
- Tap to open the Gmail application on your smartphone device
- Select the Hamburger menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Go down and tap on the Create New option under the Labels section
- Select the text box and enter the name of the new label. Next, press the Done option
- Then your new label is now generated.
Here are some the frequently asked questions by various people and might you interested to read.
How to create a folder in Gmail for specific emails
Let’s show how to create folders in Gmail in a few seconds by following the given steps:
- Click on the Gear icon in your Gmail inbox
- Select the See All Settings
- The visit the Labels tab
- Click on the Create New Label option at the bottom
- Enter Name the Lable
- Then click Save the
How to Create Folders in Gmail App
It is very easy to create new folders in the Gmail mobile app to sort your email in the inbox that you received every day.
- Tap to open your Gmail mobile app
- Select multiple emails or open an email message
- Select the main menu or hamburger menu (three horizontal bars) at the top-left corner of the screen
- Tap on Change Labels and add a new label
- Then press the OK option
How to create a new folder in Gmail on iPhone
To Create, edit & delete labels in your Gmail app on your iPhone devices then follow these steps:
- First, download your Gmail app in case you did not.
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad devices
- Tap on the Main Menu
- Tap on Create New under the Labels
- Then Type a Name
- Select the Done option