Do you know how to turn on Snapchat’s dark mode? Here’s where you can flip the enable to get dark mode on Snapchat. If you want to keep control of those bright colors then you can do it with Snapchat’s dark mode feature, your complete application experience more perfect for nighttime viewing. Then you come to the right place to get dark mode on Snapchat on your mobile phone. Because it is common for users to experience eye strain when using their mobile phones at night. Not only that, but harsh blue light from the mobile screens can make it hard to sleep, and they cause headaches and many more. May websites, smart devices, and apps offer dark mode features as an alternative to get around this. Let’s show how to enable this mode on your Snapchat app.
Important Note: Remember that at the time of posting this article October 2021, Dark mode is only available for the iPhone app officially supports and the Android app has not yet received the dark mode option. But you will learn another way to enable dark mode on Snapchat for Android phones.
How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat (iPhone or iOS)
If you want to enable Snapchat’s dark mode using iOS or iPhone devices. To activate dark mode in Snapchat for iPhone app then follow these steps:
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone device
- Go to the top left corner of the app and tap on the User icon or Bitmoji
- Select the Settings option or Gear icon from the top-right corner on the user page
- Scroll down at the bottom to the My Account section on the Settings page and tap on the App Appearance option
- Tap on the Always Dark option on the App Appearance page. This makes sure Snapchat always uses a dark theme, regardless of what your iOS or iPhone settings are.
- If you set the dark mode on your phone anyway, you cloud select Match System and Snapchat will match the dark mode settings on your phone device
How to Switch Dark Mode in Snapchat on Android
Unfortunately, there is no official support dark mode feature for Android Snapchat. Snapchat keeps promising Dark Mode for Android devices, but they look like to consistently update all the things else (as of Oct 19, 2021). Perhaps they discovered a problem they cannot seem to resolve. We will never know. Anyways do not despair.
Let’s show you an alternative solution because Android Snapchat may not support the Dark mode feature natively. This method including enabling developer mode and using settings to force Dark Mode feature on Snapchat. Here is how to do it in the following steps:
- Go to your Home screen or Swipe down from the top to select the Settings Gear icon
- Then choose the Display option
- Select to Turn on Dark Mode option
- Return to the Settings page by tapping on the back arrow and scroll down at the bottom and select the About Phone option
- Here tap on Software Information
- Scroll to the Build Number and tap on it six times repeatedly. You will see an almost there notification about developer mode after three-time pressing. Once you have done, you will require to input your pattern/code/password to turn on developer mode
- Go to your Settings page back and at the bottom tap on the Developer Options that was you just enabled.
- Scroll down and tap on the Force Dark Mode option