Gmail provides a lot of features for its user’s better experience and fast services. The Dark Mode is one of the best features among the other for the visual setting that makes darkens your Gmail entirely interface. The benefits of enabling dark mode to make it easier for users to view messages when they are working late at night. Let’s show why the feature is best for your health and how to turn on or enable dark mode.
Difference Between Light and Dark Mode?
The Gmail is using by default favors a light/white background. The use of the light mode is best in the middle of the day and the brightness is best what you need, but mostly it is useful to go dark.
Users can use the dark theme to reduce eye strain at night time using their computer or Smartphone. The basic thing is that it takes less effort for your eyes to all the things surrounding are shining.
In the Dark Mode, the things are more catching to your eyes. Therefore, the images can clearer depending on the type of image it is. It will mind focus and help your eyes for the better on the subject at hand. Similarly, the way of thinking why you can also change your theme of Gmail to other specific option, and as well as your personal photo the background if you want
How to Turn on Dark Mode in Gmail on a Web browser
Let’s show you how to switch on your Gmail dark mode with your web browser in a few short steps:
- Login to your Gmail on using a browser
- Click on the Gear icon at the right-hand corner
- Then click the Themes below the settings option
- Scroll down to choose the Dark theme option
- Finally, click the Save option
Changing Gmail Themes, to click on the gear icon to expand the menu using Gmail on the web. After that, click on Themes option to select from the Gmail Themes.
Dark mode themes are available to choose and set UI color to dark mode.
Showing Gmail user interface in a dark theme or dark mode.
Can the Dark Mode Use on Gmail App?
For the time being it is not possible to enable dark mode within the Gmail app. But there is a way to enable dark mode from the Android’s accessibility Settings and iOS accessibility features. Therefore, the users of both the android and iOS can invert the colors on the screen from the settings. So they can get a form of dark mode during the reading of their email. However, the user can enable the dark mode in Gmail on their Android and iOS devices below.
How to Switch Dark mode in Gmail App on Android
You can switch the dark mode from the theme settings in your Gmail App. To make it easier to read messages on your android 10 device. Therefore, the dark theme setting will save your battery time and make changes to the theme in the following steps:
Steps to Change your theme settings
If you want to change the theme on your Android. The theme available in the Q or later version of android devices. Then you need to choose between the default theme and dark or light theme on your device. In the following below steps:
- Login to your Gmail App on Android phone or Tablet
- Select the Horizontal Three line bar menu
- Tap on the Settings option
- Select the General Settings
- Next, tap on Theme option
- Then choose the Dark, Light or System default them
- Finally, tap on the Dark theme option to enable it
How to Switch the Dark mode in Gmail on iPhone & iPad
If you want to change the Gmail theme from the light to dark mode. Then you can change from the theme settings. In the dark theme, you can view the messages easier and will save your mobile battery life.
Step to Change your theme setting on your iOS devices
Here you can change the theme on the iOS 13, 12 or 11 and in your Gmail app. To choose the light, Dark or system default them.
Steps for iOS 13 Device:
- Open your Gmail App on iPhone or iPad device
- Tap on the Main Menu or Three line bars
- Choose the Settings from the menu
- Then tap on the Theme option
- Here choose your theme Dark, Light or System default
- Finally, choose the Dark one to enable on the Gmail App
Step For iOS 11 and 12:
- Login to your Gmail on your iPhone or iPad devices
- Tap on the Three-line bar or Main menu
- Select the Settings from the menu
- Finally, tap on the Toggle to switch on or off the Dark Theme
Alternative ways How to Switch Gmail to Dark Mode
Let’s show you some of the alternative ways to switch dark mode to your Gmail in the following steps:
Is there a dark mode for Gmail?
The Gmail added originally some the basic support for the dark mode, too. For instance, the Gmail widget works in dark mode when system-wide dark mode enabled on the Android version 10 device. Once you open the Gmail app in dark mode then you will see a dark splash screen. After that, the complete theme will allow you for the Dark theme.
How do I switch to dark mode?
If you want to switch the dark mode on your computer running macOS Catalina then follow these steps:
- Click on the Apple logo you will redirect to the System Preferences
- Then click on the General option
- Here you will see at the top of the menu window the Switch option of the interface to Dark mode in the Appearance section
How do I set Gmail to night mode?
Here are the steps to turn on the dark mode or night mode in Gmail app settings on the Android 10 device:
- Tap on the Gmail app on your Phone
- Select the Hamburger menu option on the left side
- After that, Scroll down the list, it the bottom and select the Settings option
- Here tap on the General Settings option
- Next, tap on the Theme at the top of the list
- Finally, choose your Dark theme or Night mode