LinkedIn is a social media platform provides service for its users. User will build a profile for himself to interact with other people and the client to find jobs. If you also among the users of LinkedIn and want more protection to your profile. Then the Two-factor authentication (2FA) or verification is the best security tool. Like other apps, LinkedIn also provides this feature to make more secure your account.
How to Turn on Two-Factor Authentication for LinkedIn Web App
You can enable two-factor authentication (2FA) function from either the LinkedIn Smartphone app or website. But for each-way, you need to sign to your LinkedIn account first. Then you will go ahead with that to do this first.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication for the LinkedIn Web
If you want to turn on two-factor authentication from the LinkedIn website. Therefore, you need to follow the steps:
- Open your LinkedIn Account via web
- Click on your Profile Picture
- Then select the Settings & Privacy
- Next click on the Account Tab
- Scroll down click on the Change link option in the Two-Step Verification section
- After that, click on the Turn On option
- Choose whether to receive SMS with code or an Authenticator app to generate a code.
- Choose the Authenticator app and then click on the Continue option
- Enter your LinkedIn password and then click on the Done option
- In the instruction page, it will ask for Adding an account to your authenticator app
- Then add a new account to the Authenticator App
- Next Scan the QR code via your mobile’s camera
- When your account is created then enter the six-digit code from the authenticator app in the Text box in the LinkedIn
- Click on the Continue option
How to Backup the Two-Factor Verification Code
If you want to backup the 2FV code then you need to follow the instructions below:
- Your Two-Step verification is turned on now
- It the right-side bottom click on the Recovery Codes option for the backup codes to display
- Click on the Copy Codes option
- Then Save them to secure and you will need them, later on, to log in to your LinkedIn account if you wipe or lose your phone
When you enable the two-factor authentication. You will be required to sign in again through any other devices you use, like your mobile.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication for LinkedIn App
If you want to turn on two-factor authentication for LinkedIn via your Smartphone apps. While using the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices then you need to follow the steps:
- Tap on the LinkedIn app to open it
- Then tap on your Profile Avatar
- Next, tap on the View Profile link
- Select the Settings gear option
- Then choose the Privacy tab
- Tap on Two-Step Verification
- Choose the Set-Up option
- Here you have to choose whether to receive SMS with code or an Authenticator app
- Choose the Authenticator app and then tap the Continue option
- Enter your LinkedIn password in the given field and tap on Submit button
- In the instruction to adding an account to your Authenticator app
- Next, add a new account to the Authenticator app and then tap on Continue option
- In the LinkedIn, text box Enter six-digit code from the authenticator app and tap on Verify option
How to Use and Backup the Two-Factor Verification Code
If you want to use and backup the 2FV code then you have to follow the instructions below:
- Now your two-factor authentication is turned on.
- You will not use the two-factor authentication code on your mobile. But you will need this code when you access your LinkedIn account on other devices
- Next tap on the Recovery Codes link to appear the backup codes
- Tap on the Copy Codes option and then Save these to somewhere secure. You will require them when you get into your LinkedIn account if you ever wipe or lose your phone
After the enabling of the two-factor verification feature. Therefore, you will need to sign in again with other devices you own using the two-factor code.
Alternative Ways Enable Two-Factor Verification Feature on LinkedIn
Here are some of the alternatives ways to guide you to switch the 2FV function on your LinkedIn account:
How do I enter the verifier code on LinkedIn?
You will use the verification code when you log in to your account:
- Select to check your Email now in the box when appears
- Visit any Email address of your which registered to your LinkedIn account
- Search for the LinkedIn mail with titled Verify your recent login attempt
- Open the message and find the Verification code
- Enter the Code on the sign-in page and select Submit option
Does LinkedIn have two-factor authentications?
Yes, LinkedIn provides for users to enable two-step verification for their accounts. Then you will need an account password and a digit code sent to your mobile by SMS. Whenever we do not recognize the device you are action to log in form.
How do I get a two-factor authentication code?
If you want two-factor authentication you will require a verification code to login with your Apple ID on your new device or browser. Let’s show how to get a code from the Settings on your trusted device.
- Go to the Settings and Your Name
- Tap on the Password & Security option
- You will see a message of “Account Details Unavailable”
- Finally, tap on the Get Verification Code option
How do you verify your LinkedIn app?
Let’s show how to verify your LinkedIn App:
- You need to Install an Authenticator App
- Next tap on App and tap Add Account
- You need to select the LinkedIn account in the section of Microsoft Authenticator app
- Next Set up your device with choosing to:
- Finally, enter the Six-digit code