Do you know how to use Facebook Messenger to send and receive money? 1.3 billion people using Facebook’s Messenger app monthly. It is a little-known fact that Facebook’s chat application can also make like PayPal. Here is how to set it up for send and receive money. Keep in mind when Facebook Messenger broke out of Facebook proper? Many FB users including your truly, were seriously irked. Why did we have to link to all various apps just to chat with a Facebook friend?
Facebook introduce a feature through which one can send and receive money through Facebook. Yes, now it is possible to transact money through facebook also. But how we can send or receive money through facebook?
Via Facebook, you have to easily go to the Facebook Messeages or Open Facebook Messenger application, where you will dected an option to send money. Let’s learn in detail how to send and receive Money through Facebook.
Turns out FB has bigger plans for Facebook Messener, Including, chat bots, voice calls, chess games and — who kenw? — mobile phone payments.
It is true: You can use the FB Messenger application to send and receive money, PayPal-style.
Use Facebook Messenger to Send and Receive Money
Well, not quite– Messenger payments need a debit card on both ends of the transaction. But there is free of cost to use the service, which offers PIN-code based protection and “industry-leading security,” according to Facebook. Here is how to get started:
Steps Use Facebook Messenger to Send and Receive Money
To add your debit card in the Facebook Messenger app for Android device by following the given steps:
- Open the Messenger App on your Android device
- Then scroll down and select the Payments option
- Tap on the Profile icon from the top
- Select the chat to open with the user you wish to send money to or from whom you want to request money.
- Tap on the little More icon in the toolbar with three dots in a rectangular box
- Select the Payments then, then Next to bypass the information screen
- By default, you will be in the Pay screen page; Type to enter an amount you wish to pay that user or person and the reason that what the payment is for. Then select the Pay option and you are done!
- In case you want to request money in place, tap on Request at the top of the screen, enter the amount and note indicating what the payment is for,
- Then select the Request button to finish the process.
With either process, the transaction will visible as an embedded item right inline with your existing chat. From there the receiver can either deny or accept just by tapping.
And that’s it! Assuming you and the users you know use debit cards, this is an awfully simple process to do electronic transactions on the go. Awfully free, too.
How To Send or Receive Money through Facebook
You can either use Facebook messages and or Facebook messenger. The receipt of the money should also have a linked Bank account. Instructions are pretty easy, just walk on the given below:
Facebook Introduce the feature to send or receive money only but the individuals with a business page. Generally, Facebook accounts do not have this feature or option.
- So, in case you own a Facebook Page, you will need to click on the Down Arrow at the top right corner of your Facebook Account
- Then click on the Facebook page for which you need to make a payment or require payment
- You will see the Inbox option to the left corner and click on the same. This will take you to messenger which is where all the transactions happen when it comes to sending money through Facebook
- Now, click on the person you wish to request payment from or sending payment to. When you are receiving money through Facebook, remember that you require to have a Bank account to verify with Facebook to receive the same.
- For Facebook payment options in the next step, you require to select the “$” sign seen on the messenger at the bottom right side of the page.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen where you can add the amount you required to receive along with product details and confirm the same. Alternatively, you can also create payments for services using the same method.
Here are the following frequently asked questions by various people.
How do I send or receive money in Messenger?
You can send or receive money with the Facebook Messenger app. Go to Facebook Messenger App, select the Profile icon, tap on Payment. Enter the amount you want to send and click on the Pay option. Select the Confirm dollar amount Payment. Only use Facebook Messenger to transfer money to trusted family and friends. Marketplace purchases paid through FB Messenger do not qualify for purchase protection.
How do I send or receive money in Facebook messages?
Tap or click on a chat with the person you wish to send money to. Select the bottom of the chatbox, then click. Type to enter the dollar amount you wish to send (For send the money)Click in the chat box at the bottom, then select. Enter the dollar amount you wish to send (example:$20) and select Pay. Click the Confirm [Dollar amount] Payment.
Payments in Messages in Facebook
You can securely send and receive payment or money to family and friends through messages using PayPal or a debit card account issued by the bank. For added security or protection, you can create a PIN code. Please note that payments via Messenger are only available in the United States (US) at this time. Get Started with using one of the above give processes for your guidance.
Is It Safe to Send Money Through Facebook?
Facebook employs several safeguards to secure your money an financial detailed information when you send money through its Facebook Messenger app and the more recently launched Facebook Pay. Like anything online, however, there remains an opportunity that your protection and safety may become compromised.
How Sending Money on Facebook Works
Facebook introduces Facebook Pay in Nov 2019, making it possible to send and receive money across its platforms- Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp and to purchase items such as event tickets, games, and things for sale on Facebook Marketplace and Instagram.
Facebook Pay works much like Facebook Messenger and also doesn’t charge fees or free of cost. Users can link a bank-issued debit card or Paypal account, as well as major credit cards ( a function that Messenger doesn’t offer). In the United States (U.S.) it is currently available on Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger and will eventually be offered on WhatsApp. Facebook Pay continues to become available in other countries too.
How to send money through Facebook Messenger
It is very simple to send money through Facebook Messenger. Open a chat and start a message with a friend or user. Tap on the $ icon and type to enter the amount you wish to send Tap on the Pay in the top right and add your Bank-issued debit card to send money.
Why can’t I send money on Facebook
If you are trying to send money in Facebook Messenger and it is not working, it may be because: You did not add a PayPal account or bank-issued debit card to Messenger account or Your friend denied the money. Your friend’s payments are disabled by Facebook. There may be issues or problems with your PayPal account or debit card.