Netflix is the globally leading online entertainment service with 158 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying documentaries, TV series, and movies across a wide variety of genres. It will recommend you some of the shows and movies to watch.
Now Netflix allows the user to hide their titles from its profile library. Even if you are sick of Netflix recommend a specific TV show or movie or you do not want your Kids watching something, you can be sure that Netflix never shows you the same thing again.
How it is work?
You can to the setting of the particular profile. When you hide or protect a title or show for one profile, other members or profiles will still are able to view it. If you are protecting or hiding recommended titles or videos from a Kid’s profile, consider locking your adult profile by adding parental control with a PIN. This will stop kids from leaving their own restricted profile and watching yours.
Hide TV Shows and Movies on Netflix Desktop
Here’re these steps to hide your recommended TV shows and movies on Netflix using desktop:
- Open Netflix website and login to your profile
- Click on the Profile icon from the right side corner
- Select the Account option from the menu to access these settings
- Go down to Profile and Parental Controls section then select Profile you want to hide a title from
- Go to Viewing Restriction option below profile and press the Change option to its right side
- Enter your Netflix password when prompted to verify your identity. In case you share Netflix accounts. Remember one thing that everyone with your Netflix password can change these settings
- Now in the box under Title Restrictions for [Profile Name] enter the name or title of the Movie or TV series to prevent from showing for this profile. Choose the title or name when appears.
- You will see a List of restricted titles you have chosen in red below the text box.
- Click the X cross to the right side of any recently restricted title to hide or remove it from the restricted list.
- When you Finish then click the Save option
How to Clear Your Netflix Watch History
The users of the mobile app of Netflix will need to follow these steps to clear your Netflix watch or viewed history. These steps can apply to Android and iPhone devices made by several manufacturers, such as Google, Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, etc.
- Tap to open Netflix app then Sign in to your account.
- Choose the Profile you want to delete continue watching history and Viewing activity
- Select the profile icon you want to hide movies or TV shows. If you are in the visit the wrong profile, tap a different profile from the More Menu
- Tap on Main or More Menu then select Account option to go Netflix account settings in a web browser
- Scroll down and tap Viewing activity at the bottom of the page
- Then tap Circle with a line through it, find next to each show/movie you have watched to mark those things as hidden
- You can also Hide Series or Hide all or Hide one by one item
How to Set Maximum Age Rating Netflix Profile?
Go to your View Restriction menu on a Netflix profile and set up the maximum allowed age rating for this profile. If you want a profile to only appear titles that are only appropriate for Kids check the box under Kids Profile.
Do I change my primary Netflix profile to kid profile?
No, you are unable to change your primary Netflix profile into a kid profile, so you will have to add one or more secondary profiles to select this setting.
Frequently Ask Questions-FAQ
Here are some of the several frequently asked questions by multiple people and you might be interested to read it.
Is there a way to hide movies on Netflix?
Yes, you can hide movies on Netflix by going to My activity page, click the title or on the icon next to the episode you want to hide(in case you want to hide an episode, you will be given the option to hide the complete series). If you would want to hide entire you’re viewing or watch history. Then select the Hide all option at the bottom of the page.
How to Hide Titles from viewing Activity?
The way of hiding titles or movies and shows are in the same to go to Viewing Activity on your devices. You will see all the list of movies and TV shows or titles you watched in chronological order. Just click on the cross X icon option to hide your viewing activities or watch history.
How to delete continue watching on Netflix on TV?
Go to your profile name in the upper right side corner. Go down to My Profile and tap on the Viewing Activity. You should view a list of all the TV shows and movies you seen in chronological order. At this point, tap the cross “X” icon option to delete or remove a specific show from all your devices.
Netflix history or How to see Netflix watch history?
In a short answer, you can find that Netflix’s history is a simple task. Go to Netflix.com, but you must log in and then click on Profile name. Go to your account from the menu and now scroll down to the bottom and click on the Viewing Activity.
How do I find the hidden menu on Netflix?
Simply go to the Netflix>Sign in to Netflix account>Profile Name>Account>Scroll down Activity option.
How to see everything you’ve ever watched on Netflix?
In a short answer, you will need to go to Viewing Activity by selecting the Account option from the profile menu under the profile icon. You will see everything from start to end that you have been watched on your Netflix account.