Do you how to hide WhatsApp profile picture and Status from specific contacts? WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging & chatting apps around the world and owned by Facebook. There are many new features and functions developed in WhatsApp from time to time as per the user’s better experience. WhatsApp allows people to add pictures to their profile for easy communication. But sometimes we want to protect our profile photo and status from specific contact or more contacts or number without completely blocking them.
How to hide WhatsApp profile picture from some contacts
Same like Facebook, allow you to protect your profile picture using photo guard feature, in a similar way, WhatsApp allows you to hide Profile Photo from anyone.
If you are looking for such a feature to do that, here is a small workaround that lets you hide your profile information from just one contact or person or a number of people.
You will need to download and install the updated version 2.18 of WhatsApp application from your respective app store or play store.
Yes, you can hide WhatsApp Profile photo from one person or more than one person or numbers. Also, if you wish that your status will not be seen by others or anyone, you can set it. Let’s scroll how to do it?
Hide Your WhatsApp Profile Picture from Specific contacts
The way of hiding of WhatsApp Profile picture and status is very simple and pretty easy. You can do it from the WhatsApp settings and all this can be done with a few seconds. Just follow the below-given instructions:
Step#1 Configure Your WhatsApp Privacy Settings
- Open your WhatsApp App on your smartphone
- Select the Three-dot or More options from the top right corner (on Android) and at the bottom ( on iOS)
- Tap the Settings option Then Account settings option
- Select the Privacy Settings option
- You will see Profile Photo option under the Who can see my personal info
- Tap on the Profile Photo
- Then choose the My Contacts option among three options as shown in the screenshot
- If you want to hide your Profile Photo from everyone then Choose Nobody
Step#2 Delete Contact or Number from Your Mobile Device
When you choose the My Contact option among three options then you will need to delete one or more contacts from your phone device contact list:
- Tap the Contact app of your mobile device
- Find the contact number and tap three dots or More option next to the contact number
- Then tap on the Delete option to remove the contact from your mobile device
How to Hide Your WhatsApp Status From Specific Contacts
Let’s show you how to hide your WhatsApp Status from the others and see the others. Here are these steps to follow.
- Open your WhatsApp
- Go to WhatsApp Settings from the more option
- Tap Account settings option
- Select the Privacy Settings
- Just tap on the Status under the Who can see my personal info and then choose the among three options you wish:
- My Contacts: Here you will need to delete the contacts from the mobile device
- My Contacts except: In the next page select the contacts you want to exclude and do not want to share your status with them
- Only Share with: In the next page select the contact with whom you want only share with them
FAQ-Frequently Ask Questions
Here are some of the frequently asked questions related to hide your WhatsApp profile picture and status from some contacts.
How can one hide their profile pic from a specific person without blocking him in WhatsApp?
Yes, you can profile pic from a specific person without blocking him completely in WhatsApp within following two step:
Step#1: Go to your Mobile device contact app and find the person number and deleted it from your devices. But do not delete the contact from your WhatsApp chat.
Step#2: Now Open your Whats App>Go Settings from more option>Tap Account option>Select Privacy option> Here tap on Profile Picture under Who can see my personal info box. Then choose the My Contacts Only option among the three options. In this way your profile pic will hide from a specific person without blocking him.
How can i hide my profile picture on WhatsApp from some contacts?
To hide your profile picture on WhatsApp from some contacts. Just delete the contacts numbers from your phone device. Then Go to your WhatsApp Privacy Setting. Tap on the Profile Photo option to choose My Contacts only among the three options. If you still don’t know how then follow the above given instructions.
How to show WhatsApp profile picture to selected contacts?
Here is you can show WhatsApp profile picture to selected contacts on your iPhone or Android devices:
Show Your Profile Photo to Contacts Only
To hide your WhatsApp profile picture from unknown users, but not from your saved contacts on your device while using iOS or Android devices.
- Open WhatsApp Settings suing iOS or Android device
- Go to Account and then Privacy option
- Select the Profile Photo
- Choose My Contacts only option
So your profile photo on WhatsApp will appear only to your contacts saved on your device and no one else will able to see it.
Hide Your Profile Photo from Everyone
If you want to hide your profile picture from everyone on WhatsApp is simple and easily can do it in the following few steps:
- Open your WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android
- Tap on the Three-dots at the top (Android) and Main Menu at the bottom (on iOS)
- Select the Account settings option
- Then Tap Privacy Option
- Tap on the Profile Photo option then Choose the Nobody option instead of Everyone
- So your profile photo will hide from everyone on WhatsApp
Hide Your Profile Photo from a Specific Contact
If you want to hide your profile photo on WhatsApp from a specific contact or number. Then Go to your Contact app on your iPhone or Android device and delete the contact from your device.
Now Go to your WhatsApp Setting>Account>Privacy> Tap on the Profile Photo option>Choose My Contact option. In this you can hide your profile photo from a specific contact easily.