Do you know how to hide your page likes on Facebook? To stop showing your likes on any Facebook Page category you are required to change the privacy settings from Public to Only Me. In this post, you will learn how to hide likes on particular Page categories on Facebook such as TV Shows, Sports Teams, and Restaurants. The below guidelines steps work for the desktop version only.
What is “Liking” Facebook Page Categories
Here are many types of likes on Facebook. There is the famous liking a post, where you react to what someone is posting. There are also Facebook Page likes that apply to different categories, such as.
- Sports Teams
- Books Athletes
All above categories are set by default to Public, so once you like a Facebook Page, such as a Television, Movies, or restaurant, all the users can see it. But in case you prefer you can stop the audience who views the Page categories you like by change these settings to Only me. This means that you’ll require to hide or unhide all likes in a certain category.
This means that you will require to hide entire or unhide entire likes in a certain category. There is no such feature for hiding a single liked page currently. This is why when you like a page for Cricket, it will show that you liked a page for sports but you can have it so that the single team liked does not show up.
How to Make Your Facebook Page Category Likes Private
To gain a little more privacy once you are liking Page categories on Facebook. To hide Page Category Likes on Facebook settings are available only on the Facebook desktop website and not in the Facebook mobile app. If you want to learn how to hide likes on Facebook Page or hide page likes then follow these steps instead of the above:
- Open your Facebook with any desktop web browser
- Go to your Facebook profile page and Select More option
- From the menu select the Likes option
- Click on the Three-dots icon or submenu on the right side
- Select the Edit the Privacy of your Likes option from the menu
- A list of categories will open and choose a category that covers the page or pages you want to hide your like for the clicking the corresponding globe icon
- Select the Only Me option this will make sure that no one else can view if you have liked a Page in that category, though you can also let friends view your Page Likes without making them completely public.
- Then click on Close option
In the Select Audience box, choose the level of privacy you want for the categories like visibility. Options include Public, Friends, Only Me, and Custom. Select Only me for the highest privacy level.
If you want to another category then repeat steps 6-7 to make it private and then click on the Close option.
Hide Your Likes from Specific Facebook Groups
Let’s show you how to hide your likes from particular Facebook Groups. Here is another method to hide your likes from the public is to stop whole groups of people from seeing what’s on your Facebook timeline. To do this you will need to follow these steps:
- Open your Facebook and Log in to your Account
- Click on the Down arrow from the upper right corner side of the page
- Select the Settings & Privacy option and then click on the Settings from the menu that appears
- Select the Profile and Tagging option from the left-hand side menu
- You will see three various options that revolve around who can see your Timeline and Who can tag you, in case you wish to review those posts before they are visible to the public.
- If you back out and in place click on Privacy from the left-hand side pane, you can change Your Activity. This will change settings of all past and future posts that can be made hidden to All friends, public or specific ones, or everyone but you.
So the above are ways for hiding your likes on Facebook pages and Facebook Groups from the Public eyes. These are the instructions to privatizing your personal likes on a Facebook page that are rather simple. And stop whole groups of people from seeing what’s on your Facebook timeline.
FAQ: Frequently Ask Questions
Here are some of the frequently asked questions by different people and might your interested to read it.
How to hide liked pages on Facebook mobile app
No, you are unable to hide liked pages on the Facebook mobile app. But you will need to log in to your Facebook account on the Google Chrome mobile browser app or any other web browser which supports the Desktop Mode browsing option.
- Now open your Google Chrome web browser
- Open your Facebook account by typing www.facebook.com in the address bar
- Tap on the Three-dot icon from the top right side and select the Desktop Mode from the menu
- Then Go to your Facebook Profile page
- Scroll down and tap on the Likes option
- Then change the Privacy Settings from Publick to Only Me option for each category.
How to hide pages you liked on Facebook 2021
Open Facebook.com with any web browser, Go to your Profile page, and click the More> Likes option. Select the three-dot menu and select the Edit the Privacy of your Likes from the menu. Select a Page Category from Edit privacy of Likes. In the Select Audience box, choose the level of privacy you want to set for the categories like visibility.