Do you know how to add a web page to Google Chrome’s Reading List on Desktop web and mobile app? Maybe you know that Reading List in Google Chrome browser for your desktop PC has a hand feature. It is a very simple and easy method to keep pages and articles or other things for reading later, and it syncs with your iPad or iPhone devices. In this article, you will learn about how to add web pages to the list.
If you want to find out the Reading list feature then go to the desktop on the right side of the bookmarks bar. In case it is something that you do not want, you are able able to remove it.
How to Use the Reading List in Google Chrome via Desktop web and Mobile App
According to our research, the Reading List feature is similar to the bookmarks feature but intended for reading material that you can get online. At the present time, the feature is working in Chrome for iPhone and iPad, and on the Desktop (Linux, Mac, and Windows). But the feature is not working on Android devices, although it will eventually happen. To get started, and add web pages.
How to Add Web Pages on Chrome for Desktop PC
Let’s show you how to add web pages on the Chrome web browser. When you navigate Chrome browser on your PC, the first action to do is get a web page that you wish to read later. Once you find it,
- Then Go to the right of the Address bar and click on the Star icon (bookmark)
- Select the Add to Reading List from the menu that appears with two option
- It is as simple as that to add to your Reading List.
How to Use the Reading List on Chrome browser
If you want to use the Reading List, you will require to have the bookmarks bar showing up. This can quickly be getting by these commands or manually.
- Select the More option or Main Menu option from the upper right side corner
- Select the Settings option from the Menu
- Click on the Appearance option from the left pane
- Switch the Toggle on next to the Show Bookmarks Bar in the appearance section
- You can also just Type Ctrl+Shift+b on Windows or Cmd+Shift+b On Mac
- Then the Reading List will now available on the Bookmarks Bar right side. Once you click on it then it will show you all your saved articles in a list.
- At the top of the list, the Unread Pages will available, while the Page You have Read is available at the bottom of the list. You can also view the date it is been since the web pages were read/added.
- Mouse-over a page to mark it as read or unread, or to delete/remove it from the Reading List.
How Add Web Pages on Chrome for iPhone and iPad
The users of iPhone and iPad have two multiple methods for Chrome to add web pages to their Reading List. It can either be from another app or from the Google Chrome app. Let’s show you how to add web pages on Chrome using iPhone and iPad devices.
First Way # Add Web Pages On Chrome for iPhone and iPad
Here are the following steps to add web pages on Google Chrome for iPhone and iPad:
- Open Chrome app on your iPhone/iPad devices
- Then find a web page to save for later on
- Press the Share icon in the Address bar
- Now, select the Read Later option from the menu
- That’s all you will see on the page now in your Reading List
Second Way# Add Web Pages on Chrome for iPhone and iPad
In this way, you learn to add web pages or things to the reading list from other app or outside of Chrome. Here are these steps to do it:
- First, the thing you will need to find out any story or a news article that you want to read later in any application. Let me use the Apple News article.
- In the app find the share option and tap it
- Then find Chrome in the application row and tap it
- Tap on reading Later from the Chrome menu
How to Use Reading List on iPhone and iPad
If you want to access and use the Reading List feature on your iPhone and iPad devices then follow the given below instructions.
- Tap to open the Chrome app on your iPhone or iPad
- Select the Three-dot or More menu icon at the bottom
- Tap on the Reading List option from the menu. You will see a number that indicates unread pages.
- The Unread pages will appear at the top and Pages You have read at the bottom of the Reading List. Pages with a Green Checkmark are able to read offline.
- To manage the list tap on the Edit option at the bottom.
- From here, you can delete and select pages or mark them as read.
The Reading List is not something that all the users will like to use, but it is a nice, easy alternative to applications that offers similar services. It all happens right inside Google Chrome without any other third-party software.