Do you know how to add or Create a Gmail signature on desktop and mobile apps? Gmail is one the most popular and favored free email service providers for large and small businesses. A user typically accesses and uses Gmail in the official mobile app or in a web browser on the desktop. On April 1, 2004, Gmail was launched that did not have enough infrastructure to provide its users with one GB of storage space, it created an aura around the technology community with its invite-only framework. The use of email clients through the Post Office Protocol (POP3) and Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) is also supported by Google.
You could add your name, image, company logo, social media detail, phone number, job title, phone number, or anything else you wish to your signature. You can add up to Ten thousand words to your email signature in Gmail. You can add two types of signatures to Gmail. Sent mobile signatures from Gmail on your phone and web signatures sent from Gmail on the desktop computer.
Why is a Gmail Signature Important?
Some of the initial reasons behind the importance of the Gmail signature can do many more for you than you imagine. Like to Makes You Easily Recognizable, Doubles Up as a Visiting Card and Provides Authenticity.
How to Add a Signature to Gmail on the Web
Let’s show to add a signature on the Gmail website on a desktop computer in the following steps:
- Open any browser on your PC
- Go to Gmail email and click on the Settings Gear icon near your profile picture on the upper right side
- Click on the See All Settings option to navigate the complete settings menu
- Scroll down until you will see the Signature option and select the Create New button
- Enter your name to your signature and click on the Create option
- Additionally, you can enter anything you would like in the box to the right of your new signature. This is often where you would add your name, your phone number, and perhaps your place of employment or social media accounts.
- Beneath the text editor where you just added your signature, in the section of Signature defaults, select the name of your email signature to add it as the default signature to use with new emails.
- Choose the default option to use your new signature for replies and forwarded emails, in the box to the right side of the last one.
- Click on the Save Changes at the bottom of the page to save your new signature.
You can add various email signatures and switch between them too.
Adding a Signature to Gmail on the Mobile App
To add signatures that are phone device-specific as well. These signatures override the desktop PC versions you just added. In other words, once you send an email from a device with a mobile signature, Gmail will send just the mobile signature and ignore your desktop signature.
You can use these signatures for anything, but it’s common to make it one that alerts people that you are on a mobile device so that they know you might be slower to respond (In case you are out of the office), or that there could be typos due t overzealous autocorrect.
Really, you can also just opt to use the desktop signature across on all your devices, too. You do not need to set up a separate mobile signature.
How to Add a Signature in the Gmail Android App
Adding signature in the Gmail Android app in the following steps:
- Tap on the Gmail app to open it on your Android mobile
- Select the Hamburger Menu or Main Menu from the top-left side
- Scroll down and tap on the Settings option at the bottom of the menu
- Tap on your Email Address on the next page
- Next tap on Mobile Signature option
- Enter your Signature Name and tap OK
- You will see the signature when you are sending new email to someone.
How to Add a Signature in the Gmail iPhone or iPad (iOS)
To add a signature in the Gmail mobile app on your iOS (iPhone or iPad) devices.
- Open the Gmail mobile app on your device to set up a mobile signature- iPhone and iPad
- Tap on the Main Menu from the top-left corner
- Select the Settings option from the sidebar
- Tap on your email address or profile photo to launch the Signature settings menu
- Choose the Settings option from the sidebar
- Press the Signature Settings option on the next page
- Tap the toggle next to the Mobile signature switch to the right to turn on a mobile-only signature.
- Type your text and close Gmail to save your new mobile signature
You will now have a custom mobile-only signature that only shows once you are using Gmail on a mobile device. Your desktop Gmail signature remains, though Gmail will default to the mobile signature on your tablet or phone device.
Let’s show some of the frequently asked questions by various people and might you are interested to read them.
How to Insert a Signature in a Gmail Reply?
Your entire email replies and forward will have your signature appended to them by default. However, you can make it change the way the shows. Here you can do it:
Below the Gmail signature box, see a check box with the text ‘Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the “–” line that precedes it.’ Once you tick this box you can append your Gmail signature to the entire of your email replies after removing the small dashes.
How to Insert an Image in a Gmail signature?
If you want to know how to add or insert an image in your email signature in Gmail. Now let’s show you. Why do you need an image in your signature? Because it makes you look cool.:)
Scroll down to the Signature section in the Settings in Gmail. Select the image icon next to the hyperlink button.
You will see an option from Gmail to insert an image from your computer or upload it from your Google Drive, or even enter a URL link from the web.
Now resized the picture based on your preferences to have a smart signature.
How to Add a signature in Gmail with a Logo?
If you want to see how to add a signature in Gmail with your company logo. It is very similar to inserting a profile photo in Gmail. Here you can do it.
Choose your logo you want to upload from your PC or from Google’s My Drive or add a web URL
You can resize the logo picture of your company to suit your Gmail signature needed.
Click on the Save option at the bottom of the Gmail webpage and you are all di it.