Do you know how to set up and add an iCloud email account on an Android smartphone? iCloud is the best way to store your email, calendar, task, contacts, and photos synced across all your Apple devices. But If you want to switch from iPhone to Android, you do not have to ditch iCloud services, like iCloud Mail. There is a great way you have an iCloud email account and will let you bring it over to your new Android smartphone. Android needs you to have a third-party email (Gmail) Google account. It should be possible to add your iCloud email address in most other email apps. But it is able to also bring over your iCloud address. Let’s show me how to set up your iCloud email on Android? Here are we go to the following steps:
How to Set Up an iCloud email address to Android
Since Apple by default turns on to set up two-factor authentication (2FA) on your iCloud mail account. The simple and easiest method to add and set up your iCloud email on your Android smartphone device. First of all, you will need to create an app-specific password for your iCloud email address. Then add an iCloud email address to the Android device while generated a password instead of an Apple ID. Let’s get started to do it!
How to Create an App-Specific Password for Your iCloud Account
Before adding an iCloud email address you will need to generate an app-specific password for your iCloud Account. Here are the steps to do it.
- Go to your web browser on your PC
- Visit the appleid.apple.com site and sign in with your Apple ID
- Here click on the Generate Password option below the Security section
- Enter a name for the Password. I used “Android Email.”
- Click on the Create option
- Save the password that has been generated for you. You will require it to set up your iCloud email account on your Android Smartphone.
How to Add Your iCloud Email Address to Your Android phone
If you want to add and set up your iCloud email address to your Android smartphone. To add an iCloud Email Access for Gmail account on Android phone. While using your separate application password set up, you are ready to sync your iCloud emails with Gmail-the default email application for most users who own Android devices.
- You will need to swipe down on your mobile screen from the top to bring the notification shade down
- Tap on the Settings Gear icon on the upper right corner
- Select the Accounts option
- Here tap on the Add account option at the bottom of the page
- Now tap on the Personal (IMAP). You will see the Gmail logo beside it.
- Type your iCloud email address in the field
- Press the Next to continue
- Type the app-specific password that you generated in your computer web browser
- Tap on the Next option to go
Then you will see your iCloud email account will now show up in your list of accounts. And you will be able to access and use your iCloud inbox in the Gmail app.
That’s all you have done to set up and add your iCloud account to your Android smartphone! That means you can now be swinging the great Android smartphone while still accessing your iCloud emails, truly merging the Apple and Google platforms together.
Let’s shar with you some of the frequently ask questions by differnt people against how to add and access iCloud email account from Android devices.
How to access iCloud from Android Smartphone?
If you want to access an iCloud email account from Android. While using an iCloud email on your Android smartphone is pretty straightforward. All you required to do is open to iCloud.com, either create a new account or put in your existing Apple ID credentials and voila, you can now access and use the iCloud email account on your Android device.
How do I access my iCloud email account
If you want to access and use your iCloud email account by navigating any web browser on your PC (Mac, Windows 10, or Linux) Android device or tablet, or iPhone and iPad. Then enter the www.icloud.com/mail link into your web browser address bar. If you remember your iCloud email address, type and enter it here.
How do I sync iCloud with Android?
To sync iCloud with an Android smartphone, Go to the SyncGene and sign up, Tap on Add Account tab, select iCloud and sign in to your iCloud email account, Tap on the Add Account option and log in to your Android account. Go to the Filters tab and check the folders you wish to sync. Tap on the Save option and then Sync all.
How to Add an iCloud to Gmail App?
To access iCloud mail in the Gmail app. Here is how to set up and add iCloud mail to Gmail App. If you want to move from iPhone to Android: How to Sync iCloud Mail then just open your Gmail mobile app. Tap on the Main Menu or Three stacked lines upper left corner. Scroll down to the Settings and tap it. Select the Add account option and Other. Now Type your iCloud email address in the format of your firstname.lastname@example.org. Then enter an app-specific password, created or generated on Apple’s website on your computer.
- How to Access and Use iCloud Mail from Web Browser & Windows 10
- How to Turn On Dark Mode in Google Docs in Chrome and App
- How to Capture Screenshots in Chrome and Firefox’s Private Tabs on Android
- How to Enable and Use Two-Factor Authentication on Instagram
- Unlock Disabled Facebook Account Without ID Proof