Do you know how to Change My Name On Facebook? How to edit last Name or Surname of FB? Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms around the globe in the world. Let’s start showing how to edit my name on Facebook or change the last name on FB post. During the sign up you will need to provide a Name, Last Name or Surname on Facebook. It is also called a Facebook name which will be always displayed under the profile picture on your FB page.
Changing Your Name on Facebook
How to change your name on Facebook is very simple and easy. You will need to read the Facebook’s name policy first to follow the rule regulations and change your name of Facebook.
Whether you don’t like or just gotten married or want to change the overly formal Andrew to Andi or no longer identify with your birth name, on your FB profile, Here is how to change the name you are using on your Facebook.
What names are allowed on Facebook?
Before going to change your name on Facebook just go the Facebook’s names policy and read to learn. You are not allowed to use the names which against Facebook community and policy. Which helps to keep safe you and others from the impersonation, scams, and phishing?
Your name can’t include:
- Numbers, Symbols, unusual capitalization, repeating punctuation or characters
- Characters from different languages
- Titles of any kind (example: religious, professional)
- Phrases or Words in place of a name
- Suggestive or Offensive words of any kind
As long as you do not use something too ridiculous, you should be able to change your name to whatever you want without FB having a hissy fit. It is also worth noting, once you have to edit your name, you cannot replace or edit it again for another sixty days.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook
Changing your name on Facebook profile is a doddle. If you want to change or edit Facebook name then follow these steps:
- Visit Facebook.com with any browser
- Log in to your Facebook profile
- Click the down-arrow in the top-right of the page and select settings option
- Scroll down look for Name under the General click Edit
- Enter your New Name you want to replace
- Select Review Change, enter your password and click Save Changes
Change your Name on Facebook on Computer
Let’s show how to change your name on Facebook using a computer web browser in the following given steps:
- Visit Facebook.com on your computer using any web browser
- Log in to your Facebook account with username and password (if not)
- Click the Down-Arrow from the right corner of the home page
- Select the Settings from the drop-down menu
- Under the General and General Account Settings go to the Name
- Then click the Change option than three boxes of First, Middle(optional) and Last names will navigate
- Now Enter your Name to replace the old name
- Click the Review Change option
- Enter your Facebook password and select Save Changes
If you are still facing trouble in changing your name on Facebook, please fill out this form on Facebook help to let us know. You can change it only every 60 days.
How to Change your Name on Facebook on Mobile App
Most of the people are using Facebook via on Mobile devices. If you also among those users don’t how to change your Name on Facebook using Mobile App. Follow these steps to change your name on Facebook easily.
- Review the Standard Name policy of Facebook first as per above
- Open Facebook Application and log in to your account
- Go to Main Menu from the top left side
- Select Settings & Privacy, then Settings option
- Tap on Personal Information under Account Settings
- Press the Name with arrow option
- Enter your New Name (Three boxes of First, Middle(optional), & Last Name boxes)
- Then tap Review Change option
- See Preview, Enter your Facebook Password and then Save Changes
How do you add another name to your Facebook account?
If you want to add another name like Nickname, birth, Father, Maiden Name, Marriage, Alternate Spelling, Former, Name with Title and other to your Facebook account then follow the below steps:
- Go to your Facebook Account
- Select Settings option from the drop-down menu
- Go Name section under General and General Account settings
- Click the Change option next to your name
- Now Select Add Others Name link and you will redirect to about page
- Go to Other Name section and Select to Add a nickname, a birth name
- Choose your Name Type from the drop-down menu
- Then Enter your Name in the section text box
- Marked the checkbox to Show at top of the profile page
- Finally, Save option
Frequently Ask Questions-FAQ
Here are the following questions by different people and you might interest to read it:
How do I change my name on Facebook?
If you want to change your name on Facebook then visit your Facebook account, go to the general account setting and look for the name, select change option next to the name. Then enter your new name, middle name, and last name you want to replace. Then finally click on the Review change to save changes.
How do I edit my name on Facebook?
You can edit your Facebook name from your General Account settings, then edit your first, middle, & last name and Change review option to save changes.
How do I change my name on Facebook 2020?
Visit your Facebook account with any browser on your computer or mobile phone. Select the Settings from the down arrow menu. Click the change next to the Name option under your General account settings. Enter your new name to change or edit your name or surname or last name. Click to Change Review option. You will be unable to change your name again for 60 days as per the Facebook name policy.
Why can’t I change my name on Facebook?
If you are unable to change the name on Facebook and trouble in changing your name if:
- You trying to edit or change it too recently or just changed your name in the last 60 days.
- Maybe you do not follow the Facebook name standard policy
- You were previously asked to make sure your name on FB
- The name you’re changing or editing doesn’t compare to the name that displayed on an item form the FB ID list.
How to change your name on Facebook app?
To change your name on Facebook app is very simple and follow the given listed steps:
- Navigate Facebook app on your Mobile
- Go to Settings & Privacy then select Settings
- Now tap the Personal Information
- Then tap Name option
- Enter your a new name
- Then tap to Review Change option
How to change your name on Facebook on iPhone?
The iPhone users can change their name on the Facebook app in the following step:
- On Home screen tap to open Facebook app
- Tap the More option on your Newsfeed screen
- Then tap the Settings option
- Go to the Account Settings under the Settings
- Select the General option under Account Settings
- Tap the Name tab under the display name
- Fill the Three text boxes for First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name
- Enter the name in the text boxes one by one
- Now tap the Review Change button to continue
- Choose your Name Displayed is replace it and select the surname-first name format
- Enter you Facebook Password to take effect the changes
- Finally tap the Save Changes tab
How do I change my name on Facebook on Android?
Let’s show how to change your name on Facebook for Android mobile app and follow the following steps:
- You will need the first Facebook Name Standards
- Tap to open your Facebook app on mobile
- Go Main Menu & tap Settings & Privacy and then Settings
- Go to Personal Information and then tap Name option
- Now enter your name and then tap Review Change
- Enter your Facebook password and select Save Changes option
How do I change my name on Facebook app?
Changing your name on Facebook using your Android or iPhone device app. You will need to go to your personal information too from the account settings. For more detail, you can follow the above methods to change your name.
Edit your name – Facebook
If you want to change or edit your name on Facebook on your smartphone browser. First, you will need to review Facebook Name standards. Then change your name on Facebook from the Account settings or under the General account settings.
How to change your name on Facebook app?
You can change your name on Facebook app using your mobile device Android or iOS. You will need to go to your personal information too from the account settings. For more detail, you can follow the above methods to change your name.