Do you know how to change your Yahoo Account password? Yahoo allows its users to change their account passwords every once in a while. If you would want to do this for your Yahoo Mail account. Yahoo makes it simple and easy to change your account password by accessing account settings on a computer website or the Yahoo mobile app.
If you are using a strong password to secure your Yahoo Mail or Yahoo account, you may need to change it sometime.
In extra to regular password maintenance, you should aware of how to change your password if you learn the account has been hacked, it has been compromised or there has been a data breach.
Note that in case you have turned on the Account Key feature in your Yahoo account, you will unable to see the option to change your password. You must disable this option to be able to change your account password.
Fortunately, it will take just a few tips to change or modify your Yahoo password. You will learn how to do that using both ways.
How to Change Your Yahoo Account Password on Desktop
To change your account password while using the Yahoo site on a Windows, Linux, Mac, or Chromebook computer. If you have not changed a new password yet check out the below instructions on creating and remembering a strong password for your Yahoo account. To get started to do it:
- Open any web browser on your PC
- Enter mail.yahoo.com in the browser address bar
- Type your credentials to log in to your Yahoo account if you are not yet signed in.
- Click on My Account or A user icon at the top right side of the Yahoo! Mail website or Home page
- It will open a Personal Info page and Select the Account Security option from the left sidebar
- You will see a web page will open and Yahoo might ask you to type your account username and password. Enter these credentials and continue.
- Scroll down on the Account & Security page and select the Change Password option
- You will redirect to a Create a New Password page. Click on the New Password filed on this page and enter a new password for your Yahoo account. Click on the Continue option beneath this field.
- After that, you will see a Success notification message from Yahoo. This means your password was changed successfully. Click on the Continue option on the current page to go to the next page.
Finally, you did it. When you want to log in to your Yahoo account then you will need to use a new password on all your devices. The old password will not work anymore.
How to Change Your Yahoo Account Password on Mobile
You can change and manage your Yahoo account password on Android, iPhone, or iPad devices. To change the Yahoo account password use the mobile official Yahoo Mail app. In this way follow these steps:
- Tap to open your Yahoo Mail app on your mobile
- Select your profile icon in the top-left corner of the application
- Then select the Settings option from the Account menu
- Tap on the Manage Accounts option on the Settings screen
- A list of accounts will appear that you use with the Yahoo Mail app. Now here locate the account for which you wish to change the password. Then tap on Account Info below that account.
- Tap on the Security Settings option on the Account Info page
- Here you will redirect to the phone’s authentication prompt. Authenticate yourself using your fingerprint, face, or passcode. This depends on your phone authentication options set up.
- Yahoo Mail will bring you to an Access & Security page. Go to the Password section and tap on the Change Password option
- Tap on the New Password field on the Create a New Password page once open now type new password for your Yahoo account. Then Select the Continue option
Note The Yahoo Mail application does not let you to taking screenshots for the above 5 to 9 steps. Therefore, you will have to follow the written guidelines. It is easy, so you should not have any issues.
How to Reset Your Yahoo Mail Password
In case you have forgotten or lost your Yahoo mail password, you can reset it to regain access to your account. Here are these to follow:
- Go to mail.yahoo.com with any web browser and click on the Sign-in option
- Type your email or username and click the Next option
- Now click on the Forgot password option
- Yahoo will ask you to choose a way to send you a password reset link. It depends upon your Yahoo account settings that what options you have configured. Typically, you can select an email sent to a backup email address or get a text message via mobile. Select the option that works well for you.
- Once you receive the reset link, follow it and then enter the new password you wish to use with your Yahoo account.
Keep in mind that make you new password a strong one- a combination of numbers, and symbols, upper letters and lowers letters. That’s no fewer than 8 characters long. And do not reuse the password from any other online service.