Do you know how to clear the Facebook app cache on Android and iPhone? The Facebook app for Android or iPhone allows users to clear their browser cache to free up some space and make the application leaner. It does not delete or impact your images, posts, or friends. Is the Facebook app getting bloated? Here’s how to delete or clear the Facebook app’s cache
As you use the Facebook mobile app, it saves files to reference later. The data is saved in the app’s “cache,” intended to save your important time once performing certain actions.
However, you might wish to delete the Facebook cache because of storage concerns. You might also want to clear the app cache due to Facebook misbehaving. Whatever the reason, here are the below step-by-step guidelines on how to remove or clear or delete the Facebook mobile app’s cache.
How to clear Facebook app cache on Android
To delete Facebook mobile app cache on Android device. Then follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app on your mobile phone
- Tap on the Apps & Notifications
- Tap on Facebook in case you see the application in the Recently opened apps section at the top
- Tap on See all X apps if you do not see Facebook and tap on the Facebook app
- Select the Storage option
- Tap on the Storage & cache in case your device runs Android 10
- Then press the Clear cache option
Alternatively, you can clear the Facebook app’s cache on Android. Open Facebook App>tap on main menu>Settings & Privacy>Settings>tap on Browser option under Permission section>tap on Clear button next to Your Browsing data. This will also clear all the Facebook app’s cache on your Android device.
How to Clear the Facebook App’s Cache on iPhone
To clear your Facebook mobile app’s cache on an iPhone device to help the application run more efficiently. Your Facebook cache contains data gathered from the news sites you access seeing product pages and ads from the links on Facebook. While the iOS application offers cache purging, it’s only limited to the website data gathered by the application.
- Tap to open Facebook App on your iPhone device
- Select the Three horizontal lines or Menu icon at the bottom-right side in the Facebook app
- Tap on the Settings & Privacy option from the menu
- Next, tap the Settings option
- Go down to the Permission section and tap on the Browser option
- Tap on the Clear button under the Browsing Data section to clear all websites data gathered using Facebook Mobile Browser.
Remember that this does not delete all of your data such as posts, images, and videos you have watched using the Facebook mobile app on your iPhone. To remove all cache completely, you can try offloading or deleting the Facebook app from your iPhone.