Do you know how to create a group chat on Messenger 2022? Facebook Messenger allows users to make a single conversation with their contacts and close friends. How about creating a new group chat on the messenger app? A group conversation helps the people via the app can share files and communicate in a single chat. Follow our quick guide below to learn how to create one on your Messenger account.
The opportunity to connect you with the group and chat with all members connected from the smartphone Messenger App or using FB Web. Such connectivity to the group allows users with all different devices holders.
Using the Facebook Messenger app, you can not only send videos, voice messages, text, and pictures like a regular chat room, but also you can send or request money, share your location, and can play games.
Updated 2022: This post is up to date and please read it.
How to Start a New Group Conversation on Messenger
In case you wish to have a single chat with your contacts and friends on Messenger, you can create a group chat. With help of this, you can begin sharing files, group calls, and communicating in one place.
You can start a group chatting on Messenger, whether you are on your mobile phone or computer. Here are the below steps that will show you how to do it both ways.
Create Chat Group on Messenger Via Desktop:
- Open any of your browsers, go to the Messenger web app and log in to your account if not
- Click on the Compose icon on the upper left side of the chats list
- Now, search and people that you wish to add to the group chat beside the top of the conversation window
- Write your first message and press the Send button to create the group
When you create your new chat group, you can go ahead and send more messages to its members. Aside from communicating and sharing files with other people, you can also begin polls to get their feedback or opinion on your decisions or plans for the future.
Creating Chat Group on the Messenger App
Here are these steps to start a group conversation on the messenger app on an Android phone.
- Open the Messenger app on the phone
- Tap on the pencil icon on the chats list in the top right corner to start a new conversation
- Tap on the Create a New Group
- Now Search and add the group participants. When you add everyone, then tap on the Next option in the upper right
- Add a Name for your group chat and tap on Create
When you create a new chat group, you can add more members or remove or block members in the future. In this way, there is no need for you to create a new one in case you ever wish to have more people in the conversation.
Create a Chat Group on Facebook Via Computer
You can also create a chat group on Facebook.com via desktop. Here are these steps to do so:
- Visit Facebook.com and log in to your Facebook account
- Click on the New Message icon from the bottom right corner
- Search and Add People you want to them in a chat group
- Type a message and click on the Sent icon to create a chat group
Now your chat group is ready and continue to communicate with them sharing files and sending text messages to your friends.
How to Leave a Chat Group on Facebook Messenger
When you want to leave a chat group on Facebook messenger while using your mobile Messenger app. Follow these simple steps to leave the chat group.
- Launch Messenger mobile app
- Open the Chat group you want to leave
- Tap on the Info “i” icon from the top left corner
- Next tap on the Leave Group option
- Now tap on Leave Group to delete the chat group complete. But you can also select the Choose Admin to someone else before leaving the chat group.
How to chat in a group with Facebook Messenger
To start chatting on Facebook Messenger using a smartphone, you need to download it first if you do not already have it. You can download it on Android from Google Play App or on the iOS device from the App Store.
Create a New Group
- In the app tap the Group tab
- Tap on Create a Group to make a new FB Messenger group
- Choose a Name and then add the Facebook friends with which you want to join the group (The member of the group; you can edit later). You can add an image to the group for identification.
- Once you finished tap at the bottom on Create Group link.
Click on Create Chat Group
Type group name and select people then tap Create Group
Add group icon for identification
Group is ready to start a conversation with people
Edit the Group Members
If you want to delete some group members from the group
- In the Messenger App Open the Group
- Tap on the Group Name
- Just scroll down a little and choose the Persons or Friend you want to delete from the group.
- Select option Remove from Group
- Confirmation to Remove
Add more friends from Facebook into the Messenger Group friends
A. When you add a new friend to the group all the past messages are shared with him/her.
- Tap on the Group to open you want to edit
- Tap on Add People
- Choose one or more FB friends
- Then tap on Done
- Tap the OK button to confirm
B. Let’s show you another way to add or invite members to the Facebook group If you create a special share link with anyone and everyone join the group needs to use the link:
- Tap on the Group Name to access the group.
- Select the “Invite to Group with Link” by scroll-down
- Tap on Share Link to generate the link
Tap on the option Share Group Link to copy the URL and send or share with friends or whoever you want to join the group.
Once you create the URL then the option of a Disable Link will appear this option you can use to stop inviting more members to join the group.
Leave a Group of Facebook Messenger
How to leave a Facebook Messenger group when you don’t want to be a part of the group you were invited or started, you can leave as per below:
- Tap on the Group to open you want to leave
- Tap on the Group Name
- Choose the Leave Group from the menu
- Tap the Leave button after confirm
Once you leave the group the other member will notice that you have left. You can remove the chat instead of leaving the group. You will still get notifications when other group members chat with each other. Or at step 3 tap on Ignoring Group to simply stop getting notifications of new chat but not delete chat or leave the group.
In conclusion, you need a group to send exchange conversations with a group of people at once. Otherwise, individually sending messages is not possible, and wasting time. However, the Messenger group chat is possible with all users no matter what device they are using.