Do you know how to delete an accidentally retweeted tweet from Twitter? Twitter is one the most popular American social networking and microblogging services on which users interact and post messages known as tweets. Only registered users can post, comment, share, like, and retweet tweets. But unregistered users can only read those that are available publicly. But sometimes if you retweeted someone’s tweet on Twitter by mistake or accidentally. So you can delete that retweet by taking a few clicks or taps while using Twitter on a Desktop computer and mobile app.
How to Remove a Retweeted Tweet from Twitter
In case you have ever retweeted a post of someone else on Twitter and later you want to delete it from your business’s Twitter profile, you can do so with your mouse single click. For your manual retweets or tweets, you can just press the Delete option available below the tweet. If you want to use Twitter’s Retweet option, that remove link is not there but the Retweeted link below the tweet serves the same feature. When you remove a tweet, Twitter just deletes the retweeted tweet from your profile page. This does not delete the original tweet from the poster’s page remain intact.
How to Delete a Retweet on Twitter on Mobile App
To delete a retweet on Twitter while using iPhone, iPad, or Android phone app within a few steps.
- Tap to open the Twitter mobile app on your phone
- Then tap on your Profile icon in the top-left corner of the app
- Select the Profile option from the expanded menu
- Find the retweet to delete on the profile page. tap on the Undo Retweet option beneath that retweet
- Tap on the Undo Retweet option in the menu that appears up from the bottom of your mobile’s screen
Now your selected retweet is now deleted from your Twitter profile page. You all done it.
How to Delete a Retweet on Twitter on Desktop Computer
To remove or delete a retweet on Twitter while using desktop windows, Linux, Mac, or Chromebook computer. Then here are the following steps to do it.
- Open Twitter site with any web browser on your PC
- Log in to your Twitter account with your credentials
- Select the Profile option from Twitter’s left sidebar
- Go to find the retweet you wish to delete on your profile page. Click on the Undo Retweet option at the bottom of the retweet.
- Click on the Undo Retweet option in the menu
And that’s all. Twitter has deleted the select retweet from your profile page.
Here are the following frequently asked questions by different people and might you are interested to read it.
How to delete a retweet 2021?
How can I Undo or Delete my Retweet? You can simply delete or undo a Retweet you have done by clicking on the highlighted Retweet icon in the Tweet on Twitter. This will delete or remove the Retweet from your timeline, but will not remove it from the original Tweet.
How to delete old tweets from Twitter?
To Delete your old tweets on your Twitter follow these steps:
- Open your Twitter on mobile app and tap on the Navigation Menu or Profile Picture
- Tap on the Profile icon from the menu
- Find the Tweet you want to remove or delete and tap on Three-dots at the top right-side of Tweet.
- Then tap on the Delete option from the top of the menu
- Tap on the Yes option to confirm your action