Do you know how to disable and remove the Google Chrome reading list? Google Chrome allows you to keep articles and web pages for late using the Reading List feature. It a convenient way used by all Chrome users to read articles and pages later on. But most of the users do not interested or do not like the feature. If you also among one of them then the permanent button in the Bookmarks Bar can be annoying. In this article, you will learn how to remove it.
What is Reading List?
Google Chrome has the Reading List is simply a place to save articles and pages to read later. It is a similar concept to services like Pocket but built right into the Chrome web browser. On iOS (iPhone & iPad), the Reading list is simple to avoid or ignore in case you do not use it, but on the desktop, it takes up space in the Bookmarks Bar. For the time being there is no such way to remove the Reading List option. Let me use a Chrome “flag” to disable or turn it off. While not ideal, it does work, and it is very simple to do it.
Warning: The features set at the back of Chrome flags are there for a purpose. They may be unstable might negatively impact your web browser’s performance, and can disappear without notice. If you want to Enable flags at your own risk or responsibility.
How to Disable and Delete the Google Chrome Reading List Via Web or App
Let show your to disable and remove the Google Chrome reading list from your desktop web browser and smartphone app (Android or iPhone). You want to re-enable back the already disable and deleted Reading list button from Chrome browser and app. Here are the complete guideline for you to disable, remove and re-enable the Google Chrome Reading list button.
How to Disable and Delete the Google Chrome Reading List
If you also among them and want to disable and delete the Google Chrome Reading List. Then here are the following steps to do it:
- Click on the Google Chrome browser on your Mac, Windows, or Linux PC.
- Next type chrome://flags in the browser address bar and press Enter Key
- Now, click in the search box enter the Reading List. You will see a flag with the title of Reading List.
- Click on the drop-down menu of the corresponding flags and select the Disabled option
- To apply the changes Chrome will ask you to restart the web browser. Then at the bottom of the display click on the Relaunch button
- Your browser will restart and once reopens it the Reading List option will no more be available in the Bookmarks
How to Enable Reading List on Chrome Browser
Once you change your mind and want to bring the Reading list button back into your Google Chrome browser. To change it to your default or enabled by the following the given steps:
- Go to your Google Chrome browser
- Type the chrome: flags in the browser address bar and hit the Enter key
- You will see the Reading List option at the top
- Click on the corresponding drop-down menu of the flag and select the Default or Enable the option
- To Apply the change Google Chrome will ask to your relaunch the browser. Then click on the Relaunch button at the bottom
- Once you close and reopen it to the Reading list option will appear in the Bookmarks
- It would be better to have many more official ways to do this process, but until or if that comes, this way cab applied for you to turn it off or re-enable the Reading list flag on your Google Chrome web browser.
How to Disable and Remove Reading List on Chrome Mobile app
- Tap on the Google Chrome mobile app to open it first
- Next type chrome://flags in the address bar and tap to browser it
- Now type the Reading List in the search box
- When the Reading list bring up to you then tap on the default button
- Select the Disable option once pop up to you
- Then tap on the Relaunch button at the bottom of the app
- The Chrome app will close and reopen back and the reading list will disable for you.
Re-enable Chrome Reading List Button on Mobile App
You can also re-enable or default set up the Chrome reading list option back on your mobile app. Here are the following steps to do it.
- Open your Google Chrome mobile app
- Tap on the drop-down menu below the Reading List option
- Select the Default or Enable option from the pop-up
- Then tap on the Relaunch option at the bottom of the screen
- Once your Chrome app reopens then the Reading List will re-enable or default set up.
- How to Create a Guide of Your Posts on Instagram
- Delete Google Assistant Recordings using a Web browser and App
- Red Flags in Online Dating and Relationship program Should not Ignore
- Block a Page on Facebook Using Web Browser or Mobile App
- How to Reduce Twitter Data Usage on iPhone and Android-Data Saver