Do you know how to disable or deactivate Facebook Messenger properly? If someone deactivates their Facebook account does not deactivate Facebook Messenger. A lot of people are known about the difference between deactivating and deleting a Facebook account. In case you want to temporarily delete your account then deactivate your Facebook account and you can reactivate it at any time. However, you might be wondering that deactivating your Facebook account does not deactivate Facebook Messenger. The user will still be able to view you ca attempt to contact you.
It is surprising how to deactivate Facebook Messenger but cannot find the option? You are not the one and there are a lot of people. Facebook has made it somewhat hard to disable or deactivate Messenger without disabling other Facebook services first.
You Cannot Deactivate Facebook Messenger Alone
If you want to disable Facebook Messenger, you will have to deactivate or disable your Facebook account, too. There is a way to deactivate or disable Messenger without disabling your Facebook account first.
Disable your account is various from deleting Facebook. In case you deactivate your account, you can reactivate it at a later date by simply logging in. You will not be able to use Facebook at all while your account is disabled, including Oculus services.
In case you wish to continue using Facebook as a social media platform without FB Messenger, you will have to just ignore it. One of the best ways to do this is to just remove or delete the application from your mobile device. But you will still view communication requests in the upper right corner of your Facebook feed on the desktop website.
Other users will still able to discover and find you on Messenger. Your friends will see that you have signed up for the service and that you are accountable. You might want to deactivate or disable your “Active Status” under Facebook Messenger settings to disappear or hide you when you are online.
How to Deactivate Facebook Messenger and Reactivate
If you want to disable Messenger then you will need to make sure before proceeding that you have signed in to Facebook Messenger on a device, whether it is your for Facebook Messeger for Desktop app or iPhone or iPad and Android smartphoe. You will need to disable Facebook Messenger using one of these applications.
Once you decide to disable or deactivate Facebook Messenger, then you will need to deactivate or disable your Facebook account first while using the Facebook app or website. When you have done that and you are logged out, go back to your Facebook Messenger app of choice.
How to Deactivate Facebook Messenger on Mobile App
Here are these steps to deactivate Facebook Messenger on mobile app:
- Open your Messenger app on your mobile phone
- Tap on your profile photo in the top left corner of the screen
- Scroll down at the bottom and select the Legal and Policy option
- Then tap on the Deactivate Messenger option followed by Deactivate
- Type to enter your password and tap on the Continue button
- Use the big blue Deactivate button to deactivate Facebook Messenger
How to Reactivate Facebook Messenger
Yon can reactivate or enable your Facebook Messenger at any point in the future by signing back in to Facebook Messenger with your username and password.
- Tap to Open your Messenger App
- Type to enter your Username and password
- Login to your Facebook Messenger
- Start to use again Messenger by reactivating or enabling.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the frequently asked questions by various people against how to disable or deactivate Facebook Messenger. And might you are interested to read it.
What Happens When You Deactivate Messenger?
When you disable or deactivate Facebook Messenger then the following things will happens:
- No one will be able to view your profile in the app or send you messages in existing chatting.
- To reactivating Messenger will also need to reactivate your Main Facebook profile account. In case you only wish to keep continue the Messenger app service, you will require to deactivate your Facebook account for a second time.
- Remember that in case you delete your Facebook account permanently, you will lose access to Facebook Messenger as well.
- The bad news there is now a process to Keep Messenger active without maintaining a Facebook profile.
Alternatives to Facebook Messenger
When you are leaving Facebook Messenger for any reasons like privacy reasons. You might need to look for an encrypted messaging application. There are so many great privacy-focused alternative messaging applications. You can download and Install anyone you want like to use.
How do I deactivate Messenger?
It is very simple just open your Messenger and from Chats, tap on your profile picture in the top left corner. The tap on the Legal & Policies. Next tap on the Deactivate Messenger. Tap Deactivate.
Why can’t I deactivate my messenger?
If you are unable to deactivate your Messenger you will need to make sure your main Facebook profile account is deactivated first. ( As I said above you cannot deactivate or disable Messenger alone). After that, just open your Messenger, and from Chats, tap on your profile picture in the top left corner. The tap on the Legal & Policies. Next tap on the Deactivate Messenger. Tap Deactivate.
- How to Use Your Android Device as a Bluetooth Mouse or Keyboard
- The Top 10 Popular Google Doodle Games You Can Play Right Now
- How to Change Google Chrome’s New Tab Background Automatically
- How to Fix Facebook Messenger Not Showing Messages Error
- How to Disable Private or Randomized MAC Addresses on Android