Do you know how to turn off and remove Chromecast in Google Chrome? It can be handy to sending videos to a Chromecast-enabled smartphone. But not all users wish to use this feature. Actually, it can be a bit irritating and cause issues. In this article, you will learn how to disable and remove the Chrome feature option from the Google Chrome web browser.
In Google Chrome the Google Cast option will show up on videos in case you have a Chromecast enabled device on a similar network as your PC web browser. If that device does not belong to your then you may never wish to accidentally cast to it. But it is amazing that you can be able to disable the option.
Important Note: In this process, there are two Chrome “flags” to remove the Chromecast feature from the web browser. During the testing, flags applied successfully to remove the option, but they do not look like to work for the users.
Warning: To enable flags on the web browser at your own risk. Some Options keep behind Google Chrome flags are there for a reason. These flags maybe not stable, might impact negatively on your web browser’s performance, and can disappear without any notification.
How to Disable and Remove Chromecast in Google Chrome
If you also among them and want to disable and remove the Chromecast feature in the Google Chrome web browser on Windows, Mac, or Linux PC. Here are these steps to follow:
- Click on the Google Chrome web browser to open it on your PC
- Go to the address bar and type chrome://flags and press the Enter key on your keyboard
- Now type the “Load Media Router Component Extension” in the search box to find the flag
- Next, click on the drop-down menu next to the flag and select the Disabled option from the menu
- Again tap in the search box type the “Cast Media Route Provider” flag title and select the drop-down menu to disable it in a similar way.
- When you change the status of the flag then Chrome will ask you to restart the web browser to apply the changes.
- Just click on the Relaunch blue option at the bottom of the browser
Once the Google Chrome restarts, then you will view the Chromecast feature icon and no more appear on videos. Although it may shortly appear and then disappear. Again, this process of disabling and remove Chromecast does not work for users. But you can try to check as it works for you or not.
How to Re-Enable Chromecast In Google Chrome Browser
If you change your mind or any other reasons and want to re-enable the Chromecast icon on your Google Chrome web browser. It will look similar to the above steps and need to enable or default the flags you disabled before. Here are the following steps to re-enable the Chromecast icon option.
- Open the Google Chrome web browser on your Computer
- Type the chrome://flags in the address bar
- Here you will see already disabled flags in the top
- Now select the drop-down menu next to the “Load Media Router Component Extension” flag and select the Default or Enabled option from the menu
- Next click on the drop-down menu next to the “Cast Media Route Provider” flag and select the Enable or Default option from the menu
- Then Chrome will ask you to restart the browser to apply changes and click on the Relaunch button from the bottom
- Once the Chrome re-open and the Chromecast icon will appear and will show up on the video