Do you know how to use or get FaceTime feature for Windows? You can join a FaceTime video chat on Windows, but you are unable to create one. Apple launched the FaceTime feature in iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS 12 versions to be able to make a video call to people on other platforms containing Android smartphones. That means you can finally use the FaceTime feature on Windows–kinda. If you want to learn how to do it and we will teach you how it works.
Unluckily, Apple did not launch a FaceTime app for Windows. In place, anyone with a Mac or iPhone, or iPad device can create invite links that work with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome on Windows. That means it is impossible to start a FaceTime call from windows. But you can join one.
Important Note: This process will work only for iPhones and iPods running at least iOS 15, iPads running iPadOS 15, and Macs to the latest macOS Monterey (12.0).
How Do You FaceTime on a Computer Running Windows?
To join a FaceTime video chat on a PC running Windows, you will require to receive an invite link to a chat from someone (family or friends) using the FaceTime application on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac device. You can send or share this link with yourself to connect a device or you can send a request a link from another member so you can participate in a FaceTime video call. First of all, you will need to ensure that you have Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome browsers installed on your Windows computer.
- You or your family or friends member navigate the FaceTime app on iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer
- Next tap on Create Link option available at the top of the screen (on running macOS 12 Monterey or newer)
- Then tap on Copy to copy the FaceTime web address to your device’s clipboard and then past it into a message or an email to send to yourself or a contact. In another way, you can also tap one of the suggested chat applications to share or send the link as a DM.
- You will get a link to facetime.apple.com that is similar to this:
- Now open the link with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome on your Windows computer.
- Enter your name in the box and click on the Continue option
- Click on Join from the floating toolbar from there at the bottom of the page
- On the other side, the user of the FaceTime call will require to accept your request before you can participate on their iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
- When you are in, you will view options in the toolbar for typical video conference options, like Mute Microphone, Full Screen, and Show or Hide Video
That’s it! This is a very simple a basic version of a FaceTime call running in your web browser. Once you are done, just press the “Leave” option to hang up.
The quality as really good of FaceTime on the web browser is considering that it is not a native application. It would be a great case you could actually begin a FaceTime video call from Windows but is the best solution for the time being.
In case you were just adding your Windows PC to the chat, you can now close the FaceTime application on your Apple device.
Frequently Ask Questions by different people and might you are interested to read it.
Do I Need to Install FaceTime on My Windows Computer?
No, the FaceTime application is not available for Windows computers, nor do you need one. On Windows, within a web browser, FaceTime can be run completely by just clicking a chat invite link sent to you from someone joining with an Apple device.
Is FaceTime for PC Safe?
Apple is agree to provide end-to-end encryption for its FaceTime conversations, which increases your communications’ privacy significantly.
You will need the latest version of Windows running on your PC to increase security and your browser is up to date. It is also the best idea to only press FaceTime to invite links you are expecting. Email scammers may try to trick you into clicking malicious links by asking they are for a FaceTime chat when on another side they are for a fake website.
How do I share the screen on a FaceTime call?
You can share the screen on a FaceTime call. In iOS 15, FaceTime contains an option called SharePlay, which will let users share Tiktoks, Videos, listen to songs together, and otherwise share their screens once on a FaceTime call.
How do I FaceTime on an Android?
The users can participate in a FaceTime video call from an Android device, with the advent of iOS 15. As described above just as from a Windows 10 computer. In case an iOS 15 use share or sends a link to someone or a person with an Android device user, the Android user will tap on the link, open a browser and participate in the FaceTime call.
How do I record a FaceTime call?
No, there is no built-in call-record functionality in FaceTime, but there is a workaround. If you want to record a FaceTime call using Quicktime on your Mac device. Start a FaceTime call>Then Open QuickTime and go to File>New Screen Recording. Record Selected Portion or Select Record Entire Screen, be careful that your FaceTime window is included. Start recording the screen, then finish the recording once you have done your FaceTime call.