Do you know how to hide people from memories in Google Photos? Google allows people are uploading images and videos to Google photos. It has a function that automatically surfaces and curates old images or photos in the form of Memories. The unfortunate thing about memories is that they are not always good memories. Thankfully, Google lets you exclude people–and even pets–from Memories.
Can Everyone Access Memories Feature?
Yes, everyone who backs up their photos to Google Photos can use the Memories feature. You can see the Memories, row at the upper of the main Photos tab in the smartphone app.
Hide People and Pets From Memories in Google Photos
Google Photos allows their users to hide people and pets from memories in Google photos. While using their mobile phone app via iPhone, iPad, or Android phones or tablet devices. Here the following steps do to it:
- Tap to open the Google Photos app on your smartphone device
- Now tap on the Profile Photo or icon in the top right corner
- Select the Photos Settings option from the menu that pop-up on your screen
- Here tap to open the Memories section
- The feature you want is to Hide People & Pets option. “You will locate that you can also hide specific dates as well.
- You will see the list of people and pets, some of whom you might have labeled, will appear to you. Now tap on any of the faces that you wish to hide from the Memories. The crossed-out eye icon shows up and that means the person or pet will be disappear or hidden.
- Tap on the back arrow in the upper-left corner when you are finished. Exiting the menu will save the changes automatically you made.
That’s all there is to it! These pets or people will not showing up in your Google Photos Memories anymore. Keep in mind that you might miss out on images of other people if the ones with crossed-out faces are also in the picture with them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the frequently asked questions against to hide People from Memories in Google Photos by different people and might you are interested to read it.
How do I hide people on Google Photos?
To hide people from appearing in Google Photos search on your Android device. Navigate your Google photo app. Tap to your Profile picture and select the Photos Settings option. Go to the Memories section and select the Hide People & Pets option. The list of people and Pets will appear and tap on the one you want to hide it. You will see the crossed-out eye icon show up on the person or pet you want to disappear or hide.
Is there a hide option in Google Photos?
If you want to hide images, you will need to choose them and select the Archive to hide them. After archiving, the photos will no more appear on your homepage or album, But they remain in your Google Photos and you can see them in the Archive option
How to View your Memories On iPhone or iPad
Here are the following steps to view your Memories on your iPhone or iPad devices.
- Tap to open the Photos app Photos on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Photos option at the bottom
- Select a memory at the top
- If you want to move the previous or next photo, tap on the left or right of the screen
- To skip to the previous or next memory, swipe left or right on the screen
- In case you want to pause on a photo, touch and hold it.