Do you know how to install or uninstall the Google Chrome Browser? Google Chrome is one of the most famous web browsers worldwide. Google Chrome is a famous alternative to the default web browsers that come preloaded with your PC like Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. As per the largely based on Google’s open-source Chromium. All people can install the Google Chrome web browsers on Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. To installing and uninstalling of Chrome web browser takes just a few steps on each operating system.
How to Install Google Chrome on Windows 10 and 11
To install Google Chrome web browser on your Windows 10 and 11. It will just take a few steps to install it on your windows. Here are the following steps to install it.
- Launch any web browser on your systems such as Microsoft Edge or Internet explorer.
- Go to the Address bar and type the “google.com/chrome” and then hit the Enter key.
- Select the Download Chrome option
- Then click on Accept and Install option
- Click on the Save File option. By default, the installer will be located in your Downloads folder. ( Unless you have directed your current web browser to download files elsewhere).
Install the Chrome Web Browser:
- Open to the appropriate folder in File and double-click on the ChromeSetup to launch the file, and then click the Run button.
- Once it pop-up to allow this application to make changes to your device, select the Yes option Google will start the installation process and the browser will automatically open upon completion.
- After, the installation you can now log in or sign in to your Google account, personalize the web browser.
- Then start using Google Chrome browser as you own.
How to Uninstall Google Chrome on Windows 10 and 11
To uninstall the Google Chrome web browser on your Windows 10 and 11. Then follow these steps:
Uninstall Google Chrome on Windows 10
- Select the Windows logo to the left-side in the taskbar to open your Start menu
- Click on the Settings or Cog icon. You will see this slightly differently on Windows 11.
- Click on the Apps option in the settings window
- Now scroll down the list of Apps and Features to find the Google Chrome
- Then click on the Google Chrome option
- Select the Uninstall button
- Click again on the Uninstall button from the prompt, which will complete the uninstall process.
Windows 10 will retain your profile information, history, and bookmarks.
Uninstall Google Chrome on Windows 11
- Choose the Apps from the left sidebar on Windows 11
- Then select the Installed Apps option
- Find the Google Chrome from the following menu and click on the corresponding three-dot icon and click on the Uninstall option
- Again click on the Uninstall option from a confirmation prompt once appear
- This application and its related information will be uninstalled.
How to Install Google Chrome on Mac
To download Chrome web browser on your Mac device. If you want to start by downloading the Google Chrome installer then follow these steps
- Launch any web browser on your device
- Go to the Address bar type “google.com/chrome” and then hit the Enter button
- Now select the Download Chrome for Mac
- Click on the Save File option
- Press the OK option
- Now open your Downloads folder and double click on the “googlechrome.dmg” file.
- Once the pop-up window appears click and drag the Google Chrome icon into the Applications folder directly below it.
- You can now navigate Google Chrome from your Applications folder or by using Apple’s Spotlight Search.
How to Uninstall Google Chrome on Mac
Later on, you want to uninstall Google Chrome on Mac due to any reason. You will need to make sure that the Chrome web browser is closed. You can do this by right-clicking on the Chrome icon and then selecting the Quit option.
- Select the Applications folder icon to access and use all of your installed applications
- Click and hold the Google Chrome icon and drag it into the trash can.
- macOS will retain some Google Chrome files in some directories until you have emptied the trash can. To do this right-click on the Trash can and select the Empty Trash option
Alternatively, you can launch Finder, select the Applications, right-click on Google Chrome, and select the Move to Trash option. You will still need to right-click on the Trash can and select the Empty Trash to delete all files from your machine.
How to Install Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad
To install Google Chrome web browser on your iPhone and iPad. Here are the following steps to do it:
- Select the App Store icon to open it on your iPhone and iPad device
- Another way to open is by using the Spotlight Search to locate App Store and then select the icon once appears to you.
- Tap on the Search tab in the bottom-right corner, and enter Chrome into the search bar at the upper side. Touch the Get option next to Google Chrome, and then select Install.
- Type your Apple ID password and then select the Sign In option or ensure your identity through Face ID or Touch ID. Chorm will start the installation process and the icon will appear on your device home screen or the App Library upon completion of the process.
How to Uninstall Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad
If you want to remove or uninstall an app such as Google Chrome on your iPhone or iPad. Then follows these steps:
- Find the Chrome icon tap and hold until a menu appear up and select the Remove App option from the menu
- Tap on the Delete App from the following pop-up. This will also delete entire of your profile information, history, and bookmarks.
- Selecting Remove from Home Screen will just move the Chrome app to the App Library.
How to Install Google Chrome on Android
You will see on most Android devices that Google Chrome comes preinstalled. In case it is not installed because of any reason. Then follow these steps to install it on your Android phone.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android phone by tapping on the Play Store icon
- Tap on the Search bar from the top-up of your screen
- Type the Chrome in the search bar and tap on the Chrome icon
- Select the Install option and tap on the Accept option
How to Uninstall Google Chrome on Android
As you know that Google Chrome is pre-installed and default web browser on Android devices. Then you are unable to uninstall it. However, you can disable it or Forcely stop if you wish to delete it from the list of applications on your device. To do this you will need to follow these steps.
You can open the settings app by swiping up from the bottom of the mobile screen to open the app drawer down to select the Settings app or swiping the screen twice from the top so that the full notification menu appears and then tap on the cog icon.
- Once the Settings app open on your mobile
- Then select the Apps & Notifications option
- In case you do not find Chrome under Recently Opened Apps then tap on See All Apps.
- Scroll down and tap on the Chrome app
- Tap on the Disable option on the App Info screen. You can repeat this process to reenable Chrome.