Do you know how to post anonymously in a Facebook Group? Facebook has an option that allows you to do that. If you would like to post something with members in a Facebook group without showing your name because you are afraid it would bring undue attention to you. Facebook’s anonymous posting feature or option lets users post anonymous posts on a group. It is very simple to do, assuming that a Facebook group administrator has enabled the feature. You will learn how to enable and use it.
Let me show you all the need to know about anonymous posting, along with a walkthrough for using it in a Facebook group.
Anonymous Group Posts Short Background:
Facebook announced in June 2020 the introduction of a new group type for parents in its community. It has a lot of features, one among them to share anonymous group posts.
Though the real meaning for parenting groups, other groups where users post sensitive information have also found this option to be helpful and useful thus have activated it on their Facebook Group.
What to Know About Anonymous Facebook Posts
If you want to make an anonymous post in a Facebook group, the feature must be turned on for that group. Also, be aware that the group moderators, administrators, and Facebook team can still view your name in your anonymous posts. In addition, anonymous posts will not appear immediately. You will have to wait for approval from a moderator or an admin.
Some post formats are turned off for anonymous posts to protect you from accidentally exposing your identity. You can not tag people or go live in the Anonymous Post interface.
As an admin of a Facebook group and you wish to enable anonymous posting in your group, check out the instructions at the bottom of this guide.
How to Post Anonymously in a Facebook Group
To post an anonymous post in a Facebook group is very simple and pretty much similar to any Facebook-supported device. You can use a Windows, Linux, Mac, Chromebook, iPad, iPhone, or Android device.
Let’s show in Facebook’s web version and as well as in Facebook app version to demonstrate the method in this guide. All you need to do is follow the given below instructions:
How to Post Anonymously In Facebook Group using Facebook Mobile App
- Open your Facebook Mobile App
- Log in to your Facebook account if not
- Open a group you want to post on it
- Tap on the Anonymous Post option which is near where you would create a post.
- A prompt showing how anonymous posts work will pop up. Tap on Create Anonymous Post.
- Then Create your Post and Tap on Submit option
And that’s all. Now you will no more have to leave a Facebook group due to you feel uncomfortable sharing your experience.
Important Note: Anonymous feature in groups set as parenting groups.
How to enable anonymous posting on your Facebook group Via App
To turn on or off anonymous posting on your Facebook group using the mobile app. Here are these steps to follow:
- Go to Group Admin panel
- Tap on the Settings option
- Go to the Features section
- Tap on the Anonymous posting option
- Turn it ON and Save the changes
If you want to disable then follow the above same steps and turn it off and save the changes.
How to Post Anonymously In Facebook Group using Facebook Website
- Open any web browser on your PC
- Then open your Facebook account
- Once the Facebook site loads, Select the Groups from the left sidebar
- Select your group from the left sidebar on the Groups screen. Then, click on the Anonymous Post option in the pane on the right.
- When Facebook opens an Anonymous Post window. Click on Create Anonymous Post at the bottom of this window
- Then the Create Post window will open. Here you need to click on the large text field and type your message like you normally did. Once you are finished, at the bottom of the window, click on the Submit option
- Facebook will submit your post to the Group moderators and admins. Your post will only be shared when either a moderator or an admin approves it.
And that’s all, you post something in a Facebook group without showing your name!
How to Turn on Anonymous Posting in a Facebook Group
If you wish to post anonymously in a Facebook group then you will need to enable the anonymous posting feature on that group. Remember that you must be an admin in that group.
- When you are the admin then launch the Facebook site.
- Select on the Groups from the left sidebar and choose your group
- Go to the Admin Tools section on your group screen and select the Settings from the left side
- Now scroll down the Settings page to the Features. Here click on the Pencil icon next to Anonymous Posting.
- Here go the Anonymouse Posting section on Anonymous Post Window at the bottom choose the On option
- Finally, click on the Save option at the bottom of the window.
How to Disable Anonymous Posts In Facebook Group
If you want to turn anonymous posts off in your Facebook group. Then you can disable it any time you would. Here are these steps to follow:
- Go to your Facebook and log in to your account
- Click on the Groups option from the left sidebar
- Select your Group and go to the Admin Tools section
- Click on the Settings option and scroll down the Setting page to the feature
- Open the Anonymous Post page
- Select the Off option from the Anonymous Posting section
- Then click on the Save option from the bottom of the window