Do you know how to remove Yahoo! search From Google Chrome? Yahoo search engine is among the most famous and totally legitimate search engines. In the list of the top searches engines category, it placed 4th in the list of top searches after Google, Bing, and Baidu.
Because maybe you see that your Google Chrome browser’s default search engine has been changed to search.yahoo.com from google.com without letting you know. It usually happens when some applications or web extensions got hold of your web browser’s setting. If you do not like Yahoo as the default search engine in Chrome. Then it is so easy and simple to delete or remove this or any other search engine from your browser or Chrome browser. You will learn how to do that on mobile and desktop computers.
Warning: In case you do not know that setting Yahoo as your search engine, it may have been caused by a harmful or malware Chrome extension. Consider removing malware and disabling your Chrome extensions to fix the problem.
What is Search.yahoo.com?
Yahoo’s search engine URL is Search.yahoo.com. If you are using search.yahoo.com will doesn’t bring any harm or malware to your device. However, most users are unintentionally redirected to search.yahoo.com, while they are using searching on Google.com. This redirection is carried out through the harm or malware known as Browser Virus or Browser Hijacker.
How Search Engines Are Added and Removed From Chrome
Using Chrome’s browser desktop version, you are able to add as well as remove any search engine you wish. In Google Chrome on mobile, though, you cannot add or remove any search engines. You can only switch to a varied search engine in case you do not like the current one.
Therefore, in this post, you will learn how to remove Yahoo Search from Google Chrome on the desktop. You will learn how to switch to another search engine, such as Google on mobile. You can also learn How to Edit Web Page Chrome Browser Developer Tools.
How to Remove Yahoo Search From Chrome on Desktop
If you want to remove Yahoo from Chrome in the search engines list while using your Windows, Linux, Mac, or Chromebook computer. Here are these steps to follow.
- Open Google Chrome on your PCs
- Click on the Three-dots icon at the top-right corner in Chrome browser
- Select the Settings option from the menu that appears
- Click on the Search Engine option in the left sidebar on the Settings page
- Go to the Search Engine section on the right side and Here click on the Manage Search Engines
- A Manage Search Engines page will open by Chrome. See if Yahoo is your default search engine, you will need to switch to a different search engine before removing Yahoo.
- To do so, locate your preferred search engine in the list, select the three-dots icon next to it, and choose to Make Default from the menu
- You are now can remove Yahoo. To do so, click on the three dots next to “Yahoo” on the list, and choose “Remove From List.”
- And instantly, Chrome will remove or delete Yahoo from the search engines list.
- Look it on the same page the Other Search Engines list and in case it shows remove Yahoo from there as well. You can do so by clicking on the Three-dots icon next to Yahoo and selecting the Remove From List option Your web browser is now will free from Yahoo!
If your Google Chrome browser still behaves weirdly and to get rid of Search.yahoo.com redirect then follow the given steps to remove and fix the issue. Like resetting your web browser settings, removing web extensions, Uninstall Suspicious Applications, and deleting temporary files. You can also install anti-malware software to protect your PC or web browser from harmful or viruses.
Reset Web Browser Settings
If your Chrome browser still behaves weirdly, then need to reset it to the default settings. This will solve any options changes by an extension or malware
- Launch your Chrome browser
- Click on the Three-dots at the top-right corner and select the Settings option from the menu
- Click on the Advanced option
- Go to the Reset and cleanup section and click on the Restore settings to their original defaults option
- Click on the Reset Settings option on the next pop-up
- The Relaunch your web browser
How to Remove Web Extensions From Browser
If you have installed a malicious web browser extension by mistake that is a reason to redirect.
In case you have several web extensions added and installed in your Chrome browser, it is time to arrange them out and disable, if not delete, the ones you rarely use. Although, you must remove the unnecessary web extensions in place of disabling them. Due to disabling them, they might use the CPU processing power while checking for updates and performing updates.
- Let’s show you how to manage the web extensions on your Chrome browser.
- Click on the Three-dots menu at the top-right corner of the browser
- scroll down the mouse cursor over More Tools and select Extensions from the extended menu
- You will see all the extensions on your screen
- Find the ones you wish to remove or disable
Restart your computer in Safe Mode
You will need to restart your PC in safe mode. It is a perfect environment to find out and fix the harmful errors in the system. If you restart your PC in safe mode then only system programs and some crucial programs run. Safe mode would mostly destroy the apps and their files that try to run automatically on your system.
Uninstall Suspicious Applications
If you are still facing Yahoo redirection on your computer, try to find out the suspicious apps and uninstall them from your PC.
- Open the Task Manager by right click on the taskbar and clicking on the Task Manager
- Look it for the apps that are consuming the system memory even though you did not launch or install them.
- Right-click on the suspicious app and open its file location
- Delete the file from its root location
- Open Control Panel and click on the Uninstall program and check for suspicious applications. One by one select and uninstall them.
Delete or Remove Temporary Files
The temporary files folder can also be a carrier of harmful and malicious files. You should delete temporary files and folders every day from your PC for the smooth running of the system. Deleting the temporary files from your PC would also clean the needless clutter from your system and free up important storage space. Here you will learn to remove files from Windows 10 and 11 also.
Remove or Delete Files from Windows 10
Here are the following steps to delete or remove from your PC using windows 10. On your desktop go to the bottom left side and type run in the search bar.
- Open the Run Command Windows
- Type %Temp% command and hit the Enter key on you keybord or click on the Ok option
- Now the run command will open this path C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp, this is your temporary files and folders
- Press the Ctlr+A shortkeys on your keyboard to select all the files and folders and delete them all as shown.
- Now Right-click on the Recycle Bin and select on the empty option from the menu to clear it.
Remove or Delete Temporary Files from Windows 11
If you are using Windows 11 then it is very simple to remove Temporary files and folders. Here are these steps to follow:
- Go to Start Menu and select Settings on Windows 11
- Choose System settings from the left pane and click on the Storage from the right side.
- Select the Temporary files option
- Tick all the checkboxes that you wish to delete and press the Remove files option
How to Remove Yahoo as the Default Search Engine in Chrome on Mobile
For the Android, iPhone, and iPad users in Chrome, you cannot add or remove search engines, but you can switch between them. This will let you get rid of Yahoo as the default search engine and make another search engine such as Google the default. To do that here are the following steps:
- Open Chrome mobile app
- Tap on the Three-dots icon from the top-right corner (on Android) or You will see these three-dots in the bottom-right corner on iPhone and iPad devices.
- Select the Settings option from the menu that opens in the Chrome
- Tap on the Search Engine option on the Settings page
- You will see all the available search engines providers on the Search Engine page. Now tap on the non-Yahoo search engine from the list to make it the default.
- That’s all. Now the selected search engine will be used as the default in Chrome on your phone
And that’s how you can go about removing an unwanted search engine from your favorite web browser!