Do you know how to remove your Facebook profile from Google, other, search engines? Facebook is best in terms of privacy and simple to manage settings. Once you get into the settings page on Facebook there are so many privacy tools you can manage. Although you can manage your Facebook profile available on Search Engines and hide or remove it once you want. For celebrities, it is an amazing choice. Though, for someone who does not want to appear themselves on Google Search Engine or other Search Engines, such DuckDuckGo, Bing, etc. Then they can simply hide their Facebook profiles that show in search results publically.
Facebook lets search engines like Google index your Facebook profile and publicly available information. If sometimes where someone looking for your name through Google Search, and in the search results, your Facebook Profile is at the forefront. But in case you do not want people to be able to search up for your social profile outside of Facebook. This might not be like some social media platform users, so it is possible to delist it or stop search engines from indexing your Facebook profile. Here’s how to do it.
What to Know?
- Go to Facebook website with any browser
- Navigate Settings and Privacy
- Select the Settings
- Look for the Privacy option
- Change how people find you settings
- Disable search engine indexing
- It will take some time to effect
How to remove your Facebook profile from Google, Other Search Engines
It is very easy to delete your Facebook profile from Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. It’s not so hard, though it does a few steps to activate. Facebook will make sure these options are easier to access novice people of the platform. The first thing to remove your profile from social media is to fire up your web browser and visit facebook.com directly. To head over to a Facebook website via your Windows 10, Linux, Mac, or any other desktop operating system.
Hide Facebook Profile From Google on Web Using Computer
- Go to your Facebook Website and login to your Facebook account
- Now click on the Down arrow from top-right corner of the Facebook homepage
- Select the Settings & Privacy from dropdown menu
- Then click on the Settings option
- Select the Privacy button from the column on the left side
- Change how people find you by scroll down to the bottom of the page, and below the How people can find and contact you section, you will see an option called “Do you want to search engines outside of Facebook to link to your Profile? Just click on blue Edit option link beside that option
- Disable search engine indexing by uncheck the box next to Allow search engines outside of Facebook to link to your Profile
- A small pop-up message will appear, click on the blue button that reads Turn Off option
- Now save your new preference by clicking on the Close option
That’s all. Now, Facebook will stop search engines outside of the social network from indexing your Facebook profile in their results.
Hide Facebook Profile from Google on Facebook App
To hide your Facebook profile using a mobile app. Here are the following steps:
- Go to your Facebook app
- Tap on the Menu from the top right side
- Then tap on Settings & Privacy and tap Settings.
- Tap on How People Find and Contact Yours under the Audience and Visibility section.
- Now tap on the last option Do you want to search engines to link to your profile. Turn off the toggle beside the Do you want search engines to link to your profile option.
After that, Facebook will hide your Facebook profile from all search engines, such as Bing Google, Yandex, DuckDuckGo, etc.
Hide Facebook Profile on Facebook Lite App
If you are using the Facebook Lite version app and want to manage to remove or hide your Facebook profile from the Google Search engine. Then here are the following steps to do it.
- Open Facebook Lite app
- Tap Main Menu
- Select the Settings option
- Next tap on How People Find and Contact You
- Now tap on Do You want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile.
- Here tap to uncheck the checkbox next to “Allow search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile”.
Remember to tap the Save option to save the changes you made. That is the process of how you do it on the Facebook Lite version app.
It will take time to go into Effect
The above settings changes will take a few weeks to come into effect. Even after Facebook must first process the request on its own side, your information and profile link will continue to be available in search engines’ cache and will appear in search results. When Facebook releases the updated preference to websites such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo, it will take some extra time to reflect the changes.
Additionally, using search engines will no more be able to directly link your Facebook profile in search results, they can crawl your publicly available information, like your full name and posts. Because of this loophole, everyone with the right keywords can still find your Facebook profile through search engines.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the following frequently asked questions by different people and might you are interested to read it:
Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile
- Go to the top right of the Facebook and tap on the menu option
- Select Settings and Privacy option and then Settings option
- Tap on How People Find and Contact You in the Audience and Visibility section
- Tap on Edit next to the Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile?
- See your current settings and make your selection
How can I hide my Facebook profile from Google search
To Remove Your Facebook Profile from Google and other Search Engine Searches. Click on Privacy in the left-hand column on the setting page. Now go down and under the How People can find and contact you section select the Edit link next to Do you want search engines outside of social media network (Facebook) to link to your profile.
How to remove my Facebook account from Google chrome
Open your Facebook app and tap on the top right of FB. Scroll down and select the Settings option. Go down to Your Facebook Information section and select Account Ownership and Control. Tap on the Deactivation and Deletion option and tap on the Delete Account option.