WhatsApp is the most popular messaging apps for Android smartphones, and what makes it a specific best choice is only work on privacy and security. WhatsApp now allows you to send disappearing photos and videos. This is only possible through the using View Once feature that lets WhatsApp users see the photo or video only one time after they receive it. WhatsApp brings a new feature a week ago that allows you to send disappearing photos and videos similar to Snapchat. It is also call as View Once feature and as the name suggests, this feature allows you to see photos and videos only once after you get them on WhatsApp. It was available for WhatsApp beta users before, and it is now available to the entire users around the World. So let’s show you how to send View Once photos and videos to chat or group in WhatsApp.
How to Get View Once Feature on WhatsApp
If you are not getting View Once feature on WhatsApp. Then check maybe you are using the old version of WhatsApp. Because the View Once the feature is available on the latest version of WhatsApp that can be download from the App Store and the Google Store. When your WhatsApp is updated to the latest version follow these instructions to use the View Once feature. This feature will available in the chat bar in WhatsApp, and you just require to know where to spot it.
How to send ‘View Once’ Disappearing Photos and Videos in WhatsApp
The new privacy feature on WhatsApp to make its way to the platform is View Once Media; you can now send videos and photos that will hide or disappear after they have been viewed or opened once. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to use this latest WhatsApp feature.
- Go to WhatsApp on your mobile app
- Find, to open any single chat or Group on WhatsApp
- Tap on the Attache or Paper clip icon
- Now select the photo or video on your mobile or record a video or take a photo with the camera you want to send to the chat
- Once you have selected, the new 1 icon in the text bar.
- Tap on the Once View icon so that the video or photo can be viewed only once.
- You will view a dialog box that tells you that the photo or video can only view once. Tap OK.
- You will see now the One-time icon highlighted in green color. That means the media (photo/video) you are sending can only watched or viewed once.
- Press the Send icon to send the View Once the photo or video media
When you are sending all photos and videos media in the View Once mode will hide after they are open by the receiver. When the recipient sees the content then the photo or video disappears from the chat and WhatsApp will display a message saying Opened. WhatsApp will not save the media content (photo or video) on the phone. If send it using the new View Once feature.
How to Save Disappearing Photos and Videos
Remember that the disappearing media content photos and videos can still be kept in the record by the recipient. This is only possible by using a quick screen recording of the video or taking a screenshot of the mobile. That would need some super-fast speed but is still a possible option. This new feature comes shortly after WhatsApp brings out the capability to join missed group calls.
By saying this, there are some of the Privacy benefits to this feature. Photo or Video sent to WhatsApp using the View Once feature will not be automatically stored in the recipient’s phone gallery. These media content will be removed after the recipient has viewed them, and the sender will unable to view or delete the files after sending. When you get self-destructive media content on WhatsApp, you can view it within 14 days of the period of receiving it. If you are unable to do so these files will automatically be deleted.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions by various people and might you are interested to read it.
How to send disappearing photos and videos on WhatsApp on iPhone
To send disappearing View Once photos and videos on WhatsApp via iPhone as similar to Android phone.
- Open a single or group chat on WhatsApp
- Tap on the attached icon or camera icon to take a picture or record a video or select a photo/video from your phone gallery.
- Tap on the 1 icon from the Chat bar
- Tap on the Send icon to send the file.
How to send disappearing photos and videos on WhatsApp on the WhatsApp web
You can also send disappearing media content or photos and videos on WhatsApp on WhatsApp web using your computer browser.
- Open WhatsApp web with your browser on Desktop computer
- Go to a single or group chat on WhatsApp
- Click on the attached icon or camera icon to take a picture or record a video or select a photo/video from your Computer.
- Click on the 1 icon from the Chat bar
- Press the Send icon to send the file.