Google allows people to use multiple Google accounts for Gmail and many other (Google Products) purposes. Do you know how to sign out of one Google or Gmail account when using multiple accounts? Worryingly Google makes it very hard to sign out of one Google account when using more than one account at a time on your desktop web browser. This is possible in case you were to look and here is what you have to do. For this special purpose, it is needed to use a desktop computer, Mac Or Windows PC web browser, or use Google mobile app.
Once you are signed into Google accounts on multiple devices, you will see the “Sign Out of All Accounts” option at the bottom of the accounts menu. This will really be disappointing for you to sign out from one account. Why should you just be able to sign out of all Google accounts or none? Let’s teach you how to do it in the below post.
Can I sign out of Only one Google/Gmail account?
Many people often use more than one Google account to manage professional and personal contacts. If you are also among one of them, and you often log in to your Google account at the same time, the sign-out way might create problems at times. Gmail does not let users sign out of only one account when they logged in to various Gmail accounts on the web browser. If you use the traditional process, you will immediately end up signing out of both accounts. However, If you wish to log out of only one Google or Gmail account, Here are the following what you are looking for.
Important Note: Remember that there is an attractive big catch in this method. You can only sign out of another device. For example, If you wish to sign out of a Google account on your mobile desktop computer, Laptop, or mobile phone, you will be required to follow the guidelines from another PC and your Google mobile app.
How to Sign Out of Only One Google Account on Computer
To sign out of one Google account when you are signed in with multiple devices on mobiles and computers. In this way, you will learn to sign out of your Google (Gmail) account using a desktop web browser on your computer or Laptop, Windows, and Linux. Here are these steps to follow.
- Launch google.com on your desktop computer
- Click on your profile picture from the upper right side
- Select the Manage your Google Account option from the profile menu
- On the Google, Account page click on the Security option from the right pane
- Next, scroll down to the Your Devices section and click on the Manage devices link
- Here you will see all devices where you currently signed in to your Google Account. Select the three-dot icon for the device you want to sign out.
- Select Sign out option from the menu that appears
- Again click on the Sign-out option to confirm your action
That’s it! to sign out your Google account from the device and remove access to your Google account from the device.
How to Sign Out of One Google Account on Mobile
To sign out from a single Google account using the Google app on an Android or iPhone device. The process of signing out of only one Google account on the mobile app on an iPhone or Android Device. It looks similar to the desktop web browser method. Here are the following steps:
- Open Google mobile app on your Android or iPhone device
- Tap on your Profile Photo from the top right side
- Next tap on Manage your Google Account option that appears
- Select the Security tab to switch it
- Now scroll down to the Your Devices section
- Here tap on the Manage devices option under the Your Devices section
- Tap on the Three-dots next to the device you want to remove the access of Google from that device.
- Then tap on the Sign Out option and again select Sign Out option from the pop-up to confirm your account remove action.
At the end of the process, I hope this will remove the access Google account from the select device.
Sign out of one Google Account Using Gmail App
You can use the Gmail app to sign out of only one Google account or Gmail account. Here are the simple guidelines you need to follow:
- Tap to open Gmail mobile app on your device
- Select the Main menu from the top left side of Gmail app
- Scroll down at the bottom and tap on Settings option from the menu that opens
- Here tap on the Gmail Address the one you want to sign out on the settings page
- Next, tap on Manage your Google Account option
- Now switch the Security tab from the top
- Scroll all the way down to the Your Device section and tap on the Manage devices option
- Then tap on the Three-dots or more option next to the device you want to remove access to your Google account or Gmail account.
- Select the Sign Out option from the menu
- Again tap on the Sign out option on the pop up that appears to confirm your action
Here are the following frequently asked questions by various people and you interested of them to read it.
How Do I Remove a Gmail Account I Don’t Use From the App?
In case you do not want a specific Google or Gmail account furthermore and you would like to sign out or remove it from your Gmail app, follows the given steps:
- Open your Gmail mobile app
- tap on your Profile photo from the top right side
- Press Manage Accounts on this device from the pop up that appear
- You will see the list of all Google accounts on the Account page and select the Gmail account you want to remove it
- On the next page tap on the Remove Account button to remove your Gmail account
- Finally, tap on the Remove Account option again on the pop-up to confirm your action.
How Do I Log out of One Google Account on My Phone?
As explained in the above methods can work for signing out of one Google account without multiple Gmail accounts on your phone and computer/Mac. Here are these steps to follow (Maybe the below steps will be a little bit different on the other Android mobile settings).
- Go to your Mobile phone Settings app
- Tap on the Accounts option or Accounts & Sync option & Then Google
- On the next, you will see all listed Gmail accounts and tap on the one you want to remove
- Tap on the Remove Account button
- To confirm your remove account process tap again on the Remove Account option from the pop-p
Can I Sign Out without Removing my account?
No, you are unable to sign out without removing your Google account or Gmail account from your phone. Either way, you be sign out of all Google products once you unlink or remove your account. In case you think that getting into the Gmail, application>Managee Account >Security>Your Devices and choose the sign-out option there. This is not the correct way. That is only to sign out or log out that device totally not only the single app e.g Gmail. According to me, you are understanding my idea. In simple words, there is no such method to log out without removing a Google account from a device.