Do you know how to avoid accidentally sending, deleting, and archiving emails in Gmail mobile app? Yes, you can avoid accidentally sending, deleting, and archiving emails in Gmail mobile app. Gmail app gives you a way to stop accidentally sending emails and you can also stop accidentally deleting or archiving emails in Gmail. And get Gmail to show a final confirmation box before your email is sent to someone. It is the best option in Gmail’s Android app to avoid accidentally sending emails. You will learn how to use this option in this post.
The method this works is that you turn on an option in the Gmail app on your Android smartphone. Then, once you compose a new email in the application and tap on send button, you will see a box asking you for final confirmation before your email is sent to the person.
How to Avoid Sending, Deleting, Archiving, Accidentally Emails in Gmail app
In this article, you will learn about to stop sending, deleting, and archiving accidentally emails in Gmail mobile app. We will show all the instructions to avoid these kinds of actions in Gmail in a well-explained way.
How to Avoid Sending Accidentally Emails in Gmail App
To prevent sending accidental Emails in the Gmail app on Android phones. Here are the following steps to do so.
- Open your Gmail app on your Android mobile phone
- Tap on the Three Horizontal lines or hamburger menu from the top left corner in the Gmail app
- Then tap on the Settings option at the bottom of the hamburger menu
- Tap on General Settings on the Settings page
- Scroll down the General Settings page and then go to the Actions Confirmations section at the bottom of the page and turn on Confirm Before Sending option.
Once you enable the feature then tap on the Send button for your emails, finally Gmail will pop up before your email is sent. You will have to select Ok in this pop-up to actually send your email.
This good option should help to stop or avoid accidentally sending those incomplete written and/or any other emails that are not ready to be sent.
How to Avoid Accidentally Deleting and Archiving Emails in Gmail App
Gmail gives way to you to prevent or stop accidentally deleting and archiving emails in the Gmail mobile app. Here are the given below steps to do so:
- Open your Gmail app on your mobile phone
- Tap on the Main Menu or Three Horizantol Lines bar from top right left side
- Select the Settings option from the bottom of the main menu
- Then tap on General Settings option in the Settings page
- Scroll through all the way down to Action Confirmations section and tick the Checkboxes next to the Confrim Before Deleting and Confirm Before Archiving options.
When you enable both options then select any email from the Gmail inbox. Tap on the Delete icon from the top of the page. Then you will see a prompt ask you to delete this conversation or not. Tap on the Ok to proceed or Cancel it.
Once you turn it on the feature then select any email from your Gmail inbox that you want to archive. Tap on the archive icon from the top. Gmail will ask you to archive this conversation or not. Tap on the Ok or cancel option from the prompt to confirm your action before archiving the select email.
How to Avoid Accidentally Sending Emails in Gmail App on iPhone and iPad
The option of getting a confirmation box for sending email is only available in Gmail for the Android app only. Unluckily, as of writing this post in October 2021, Gmail’s application for iPhone and iPad currently does not exist this feature.