Let’s show you how to stop or delete notifications from Facebook. Once you open your Facebook account after a while, a bundle of notifications pop-ups. You will notice all of the notifications are from following up different people, pages, communities, and groups.
These notifications are a serious distraction and sometimes hang your smartphone. Cause all notifying you at once consuming huge memory and lot of processor from a smartphone while consuming battery life too.
Knowing how to stop or delete notifications on Facebook will help you to keep your account page clean and free of needless clutter when you turn on your data.
Cause all notifying you at once consuming huge memory and lot of processor from a smartphone while consuming battery life too. Knowing how to stop or delete notifications on Facebook will help you to keep your account page clean and free of needless clutter when you turn on your data.
How to Delete Notifications on Facebook.com
- Login through a web browser to Facebook.com or via Mobile App. Then go to your Facebook account from the official Facebook
- In Facebook.com click the Bell icon or the bell icon in the mobile App from the bottom menu.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the Facebook notifications you want to delete. Click Down-arrow or three-dots and if you are using the app the three dots will be visible to you at the right side of the notification. You can tap to select.
- A menu will appear to Hide this Notification select that option and the notification will hide from your account notification, which means deletes it. If you want it back then click the Undo option. (Tip: Through the label, you can keep the notification by separating from your newest one and you can do this with mark it as read. To do this option, all notification colour of the background will change to white on Facebook.com. By hovering your mouse cursor over the notification and select the grey colour dot option that appears the right side it as read, the mark notifications as read-only available on Facebook.com and not on the Facebook mobile App.
- Depends on this type of notifications: Read the below with details.
Depends on this type of notifications
you need to click on the additional options in the menu make you able to cut down on needless notifications. These include:
- Get fewer notifications like this: The notifications will not stop entirely, but you will not see as many of them.
- Turn off all notifications of this type: You will not see this specific type of notifications. Which are typically unnecessary notification from the pages rather than direct interactions from Facebook friends.
- Turn off all notifications from this Page: After this, you will no more receive notifications from the selected Page. Whether it is a Page you manage from your account or it is a page you have liked.
- When you choose any of the options listed in the above steps. You will be still able to click the Hide this notification afterwards to delete from your notifications.
Note: Unluckily, Facebook does not have a button or feature that allows you to delete your own account’s notifications in bulk.
You will have to walk on the steps above for each one notification to hide or delete it. There is good news that Facebook only maintains some of the numbers of your most new notifications. It’s meaning that the older notifications eventually deleted automatically.
How to stop instead of deleting Unnecessary Notifications
It will make easier for yourself by limiting or turning off some notifications that you know that in the end, you are going deleting. Although you are unable to turn them all off, you can some of them cut down.
Steps Delete Notifications
In case you are on Facebook.com then follow steps 1 through 4 or if you are using the Facebook app then follow steps 5 through 7
- Open Facebook.com click the Down arrow
- From the Drop-down menu select Settings
- In the vertical menu select Notifications
- Click the Edit beside any the following sections:
- On Facebook: In this option including all notifications through the bell icon on app or within Facebook.com-Including notifications for Pages, Groups you mange and more
- Email: in this, you receive notifications related to the account and including email messages
- Desktop and Mobile: This option has including device screen and computer notifications you receive even when you are not on Facebook.com or via the app
- Text Message: this option includes SMS text messages for specific notifications. (To turn off or limit the notification setting click the Drop-down menu to the right of each)
- Click the menu icon in the Facebook app in the bottom
- Select Notification Settings by scroll down
- Click the recent notifications one you receive to turn off notification for SMS, Email or Push
Tip: On the Facebook app, you can stop or turn off all mobile Push notifications from the option Notification Setting. By going down to WHERE YOU RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS. Tap the Push and selecting Turn off Push Notifications.