Apple allows you to take a screenshot on your iPad or iPad Pro in a very simple and easy way by pressing two buttons. Like you can take a screenshot on iPad models that don’t have a Home button. Secondly, take a screenshot of iPad models that have a Home button. Capturing screenshot on your iPad is one of the best features to share special moments with your friends and family. You can take a screenshot from your favorite videos, conversation on social media platforms or networks like Facebook or Snapchat, Twitter, high scores from your games, bugs you wish to report, feedback on your projects, and almost everything and anything you view on your iPad screen. Because the iPad, iPad Pro, and iPad mini screen are so big, there are many you can share!
How to take a screenshot on your iPad Pro with Face ID
There is no Home button in the iPad Pro with Face ID, therefore it uses a different setup button for capturing a screenshot.
- Go to the screen or app you want to capture
- First, arrange the view exactly the way you wish it for the screenshot picture
- At the top of the iPad Pro Press the Wake/Sleep button and the Volume up button on the right side of your iPad Pro simultaneously
- Your phone screen will flash white and you will hear the camera shutter sound (In case your sound is unmuted or enabled)
How to take a screenshot of your iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, or iPad Pro (2017 and older)
- Open the app (or apps in split picture/view-in-picture) you wish to capture in a screenshot
- Set up the app properly the way you wish them to show in the screenshot
- Press the Wake/Sleep (on/off) button of your iPad top side
- Click the Home button quickly at the bottom of the iPad screen
- Left both the buttons
But you can certainly hit and try both buttons simultaneously, press and hold the (on/off) Sleep/Wake button immediately before clicking the Home button will minimize the chances of accidentally activating Siri or, in case you are trying to screenshot the lock screen, blowing through it with Touch ID Just be in hurry about it, or you will pull up the power-off screen.
Once you trigger a screenshot successfully, you will view a white color flash and if the sound is on, hear the sound of the camera shutter. That makes sure your device screen has been captured and saved to your iPad.
How to take a screenshot with Apple Pencil
Apple has implemented in iPadOS the capability to use your Apple Pencil to capture a screenshot containing turning complete web pages into PDFs that you can instantly edit with Instant Markup tools.
- Navigate the web page or app to the content you wish to capture a screenshot
- Place your Apple Pencil at the bottom-right or bottom-left corner of the iPadOS screen
- Now tap and drag the corner of the toward the center
- This gesture will capture a screenshot, no buttons required. Now, you can edit your screenshots picture with Instant Markup.
How to edit your screenshots with Instant Markup
After capturing a screenshot, it will be shown at the bottom left side corner of your iPad screen and wait there for a few seconds before fading away During that time, you can select it to enter immediate Markup mode.
With Instant Markup tools, can use a highlighter, marker, pencil, eraser, or Magic Rope annotate or edit your screenshot or shot picture. You can also adjust or change the color of the writing tools from white, blue, yellow, black, green, and red. Instant Markup tools allow you to crop your screenshots, pictures too. Touch and hold one of the corners or edges and drag it to the new crop.
Additional Instant Markup Tools
In the Instant Markup you can add four additional tools to your screenshot by selecting the More button in the lower right corner side of your iPad screen (It similar to a Plus + icon or symbol), Which are the following:
Add a Text Field
This tool will allow you to add a layer of text to your screenshot picture Tap on it to select the tool, then select the newly added text box or field to bring up the keyboard so you can type or write your funny quip or quote.
Add a Signature
In case you have already created a signature in Preview, you will be capable to to insert it into your screenshot picture from here.
Through this feature, you can zoom in to a specific area or location that fits within the magnifier you have placed. You can reshape and resize the Magnifier border, and decrease or increase the amount of zoom.
You can insert or add a specific shape to your screenshot from circle, square, bubble, speech, and arrow. You can whether have an outlined or solid shape, and you can manage its shape and size by dragging the corner or edges.
Use Undo and Redo button
If you did something wrong or make a mistake, then tap on the undo button on the bottom left side of the screen, to undo each previous step. Conversely, you can tap the redo button to redo any steps from the same location.
Share Your Screenshots
In case you want to share your screenshots pictures at any time you want then right from the Instant Markup interface. Just select the Share button and choose whichever service you like.
How to find your screenshots on your iPad or iPad Pro
If you skip or miss the Instant Markup step, then you can still access your screenshots, annotate, edit and share them, at any time from your iPad or iPad Pro Photos app. Here are the following steps:
- Tap on the Photos app to open from your Home screen
- Select the Albums option
- Tap on the Screenshots
- You can also detect your screenshots in the main Camera and photos album but you will have to scroll through everything else as well.
How to take screenshots on iPhone?
If you are interested to learn how to take or capture screenshots of your iPhone screen or app. That you want to share with your friends and family members. For more details, you can visit how to screenshot on iPhone.