Do you know how to know if someone else is accessing your Facebook account? It is not good news that someone is using your account without your knowledge. Facebook is one most popular social media networks with million active users. It is a commonly accepted fact: Facebook has a lot of information about everyone. Millions of the users willfully inform the company about what they like, hate, who they have a crush on, which school they went to, and many more. Although, at least Facebook has terms that lead how it can and can’t use your data information. What if that data information went into the wrong hands, though?
Social media companies like Facebook are not safe from security issues. If you have recently seen some weird activity on your Facebook account, your FB account may be compromised.
Was it a photo you do not remember sharing or a change you do not identify in your feed? This post will teach you how to check if someone else is accessing your Facebook account.
How to know if you’ve been hacked?
Signs Your FaccebookAccount is Compromised/Hacked: Before we confirm that anyone has access to and uses your Facebook. Let’s do the first step check some account behaviors that show someone is accessing and using your Facebook account.
In case you are experiencing any of these problems, it is possible that has access and use to your account.
- Some changes were made to your contact password or email
- Your Name, birthday, or other profile details have been changed
- You get a ransomware message and fake antivirus message
- You are receiving friend requests or accepting friend requests from people you do not know
- Your friends get invitations from you that you did not know
- You have unwanted browser toolbars and internet searches are redirected.
- Facebook Messenger shows conversations that you did not send. Or, you are getting too many messages from strange people.
- You see not expected software installs such as game or apps etc.
- Private data has been leaked.
- Posts, Photos, or uploads show that you did not initiate.
These Facebook account behaviors indicate that someone else is using your account. Of course, in case you suspect that someone else is using your account, there are methods to confirm your suspicions.
How to Get Log In Locations on Facebook
One more step is to consider what your new password should be and how much time you have to react before you start brainstorming and thinking about it.
You can check if someone else has access and use your FB account by seeing the list of devices and locations where your account is being used. Facebook turned on this feature many years before to help monitor your sign-ins and flag suspicious sessions.
Keep in mind that Facebook will not show you the identity of the interloper or the precise location of every log-in. Some location details may be far away, It totally depends on where is the sever’s location and you are in the world. Regardless, you will still have the date and time stamps, as well as the device, was used to access them.
Facebook has many settings, Often, it is a kind of problem to open through all of them. How, for example, are you supposed to locate the Activity history on Facebook? Here are the following how to do it.
How to See Facebook History from PC or MAC
If you consider the Facebook website on a computer or Mac as more convenient than the application, You can get to check the Facebook log-in history using that method.
The total concept is the same. Given that the app and the website have some meaningful variations regarding the user interface (UI,). Here are the following steps needed for the website. Let’s show you what to do.
- Open your Facebook account with a browser, click on the Down Arrow from the top right corner
- Select the Setting and Privacy and then click on Settings from the drop-down menu
- Select the Security and Login option from the panel on the left side
- You can also view the “Where You are Logged In” option. The current active session is mentioned, and the green “Active now” status shows.
- In case you wish to see all sessions, click on the blue See More option and the menu will expand.
- That is all there is to see Facebook history from a Mac or PC.
How to Get Facebook History from Android or iPhone
The users of Android or iPhone can get Facebook history in the following way. Here is how to see your login history using the Facebook application:
- Launch the Facebook application and tap on Main Menu lower right-hand corner (iPhone) or top right-hand corner (Android)
- Scroll down tap on Settings & Privacy and then the Settings option
- Tap on Security & Login option under the Security section. You will redirect to the “Where you’re logged in” page. Facebook will show you the “Active now” status in blue letters. This should be the device you are currently using.
- In case you wish to see more, tap on the blue “See all” option to the right side. You will view the last active sessions, containing the approximate location, model/type of the device, and the most recent sign-in time.
- If you see a location or device that you do not identify, select the three vertical dots. Then tap on the Log Out option
- You can also select the Secure Account option on this page. This button will walk you through changing some security and password features.
How to Log Out of Devices in Facebook
Finding the suspicious activity or device might be easy and simple, but what are you supposed to do when you learn that information?
To know your last activity on Facebook using a mobile phone, tablet, or PC with a few straightforward steps. The best way to do this is to sign out of all devices you do not recognize or log out from each device to be additional safe.
That is all up to you. Luckily, Not like some social media networks and websites Facebook allows you for both choices. Here is how you can do it.
Log Out of a Certain Device in Facebook using Android or iOS
If you want to keep your current login device to Facebook, you can always sign out of the unknown device with ease.
- Open Facebook on your Android or iOS device
- Tap on the Main Menu icon from the top right corner
- Select the Settings & Privacy and then Settings option
- Tap on the Security and Login under the Security menu
- Tap on See All to open all listed devices
- Tap on the three-dots icon or ellipsis option to open the select device’s activity details.
- Now tap on the Log Out option from the chosen device.
Following these above steps will instantly log the user out of your Facebook account. In case it was someone accessing and using your account and you changed your log-in credentials, they will not be able to sign back into your account. If the device shows up again later, it might be one of your devices, even in case it shows as an unknown device. Although, it is still possible that a hacker could crack your new sign-in password too.
Log Out of All Devices at Once in Facebook from iPhone or Android
In case you are using just one device to get online is your phone, or you prefer it, logging out from all other devices on Facebook is the best way to go. Here are the following steps to do it.
- Navigate the Facebook app and go to Main Menu
- Select Settings & Privacy>Settings option
- Tap on Password and Security
- Tap on See All option there next to Where you’re logged in section
- Scroll down and then tap on Log Out Of All Sessions.
After that, Facebook will automatically log you out from entire sessions on the list, except your current session.
Log Out of All Devices at Once in Facebook from PC or MAC
If you want to log out of individually or all sessions at one time by accessing the Facebook website portal. In case you are afraid of specific strange activities on your profile, you need to do the following on your Computer or Mac device.
- Open the “Where You’re Logged In” option. Select the See More blue option to show the list of all previous and current sessions.
- If you wish to sign out each device in one step to go, Select the Log Out of All Session option from the lower right corner
- Again click on the Log Out option in the pop-up windows once appear to confirm your action
Log Out of Specific Device in Facebook using PC or Mac
In case you think that there is no requirement to sign out from everywhere, there is a fix for that too. Here is how to log out of certain devices on Facebook via macOS or Windows.
Select the session or device you are not sure about and select the three vertical dots or ellipsis on the side. A pop-up window will show up that says, “Not You?” and “Log Out.”
The “Not You?” option gives you an opportunity to re-check the session and perhaps keep in mind that it was you after all. Another way, you can receive a little more information about the activity.
The “Log Out” option will instantly sign out the device in question.
If you need any time you can repeat this process. Facebook will not let a log-out from your current session on the website portal, similar to iOS and Android.
How to Prevent the Problem in Future
When you have removed the unauthorized person’s login, you must follow these steps to make sure that it will do not happen again to your account.
Change Your Password:
You need to change your password by going to Settings & Privacy> Settings> Security and Login> Login> Change Password. Then you need to enter your old and new and reconfirm your password to complete the process.
Enable Two-factor Authentication Feature:
Changing of password incomplete without enabling Two-factor authentication feature. 2AF can use either a Universal 2nd Factor security key, a text message, the official Facebook code generator, or a third-party code generator app. To set up a third-party code generator app, you will be required to scan a QR code.
To enable two-Factor authentication feature: Heading to the Settings and Privacy> Settings> Security and Login> Use two-factor authentication.
Set Up Alerts for Unrecognized Logins:
Now you need to set up alerts for unauthorized logins to your Facebook account. By turning on the feature, Facebook will notify you in case it sees a sign in from an unrecognized source. It will let you react faster in the event of a breach.
To enable the feature ahead to Settings and Privacy> Settings> Password and Security> Setting up extra security> Get alerts about unrecognized logins> Tap on box and checkmark the checkboxes beside to either Get Notifications or Receive Email Alerts at (Address)or both, it is depending on your choice. Press Save changes once you are ready.
FAQs: How to know if someone esle access to your Facebook account
Here are some of the Frequently Asked Questions by various people regarding protecting their Facebook account is of utmost importance. If you still have questions, continue to read the post to the end.
Can I find out who logged into my Facebook account?
No, these steps will only show you the location, IP address, and type of the device (In case you hover over the login). Unless it is someone you know, you are not likely to know the exact person who is logging into your Facebook account.
What is Facebook’s Trusted Contacts feature?
Facebook’s Trusted Contacts feature lets your friends help you get back into your FB account in case you get locked out. Your friend will receive a verification code from Facebook for you to use and regain access to your Account.
What if someone took over my account?
If someone gained access to your Facebook account and you are unable to log in, the very first step to do is to contact Facebook support. If you are still able to access the email on the account, do a password reset. Luckily, we have already explained in the above how to get your Facebook account back; this post should help in case you cannot sign into your account.
Why would someone want to use my Facebook account?
Accounts on the Facebook platform are easy and free to set up. So, why would someone take a specific interest in yours? There are several reasons why some might wish to appear to be you online, but the more understandable explanation is that someone is trying to cheat on your friends.
Most users have got suspicious messages from their friends on Facebook. Scammers prey on users’ trust to get users to click on external links and reveal sensitive information. If someone is using your account, it is best to make a Facebook post and inform everyone to know your account was compromised.
Can someone log back into my account after I log them out?
Of course, if the interloper has your account username and password detail, they can easily sign back in. It is for this purpose, you should also change your password and turn on the 2FA Facebook Two-Factor Authentication feature.
Remember that 2FA will not protect someone out of your account in case they have saved the web browser or device they used to log in. You will require to change or reset your old password and verify that entire of your account information is up-to-date and correct before your account is secure. You can also read about here that will help you set up 2FA Two-Factor Authentication.
What do I do if I think I’ve been phished?
Phishing is a form of fraud where the hacker asks for your private information or sends you a link that reveals your personal data. You have sometimes gotten a weird attachment on Facebook Messenger from one of your friends. Unsuspecting users often click these links without realizing their friend’s account is hacked.