Do you know how to turn off or Remove Shared With You on iOS (iPhone and iPad) in Safari? Incorporation between applications and software is usually the best feature for users, several iOS 15 users are not happy when it comes to the Shared With you feature. But there are times with it becomes irritating. iOS (iPhone’s and iPad’s Shared with you features for applications like Safari, Photos, and Messages can be just that. Why is this feature causing irritation and how can disable it? Here are all the things you need to know.
What is the Shared With You or Annoyed With You feature?
Shared With You is, at heart, an iMessage feature. Get started on iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, Apple is taking steps to combine iMessage with other applications like Safari, TV, Music, and Photos. Entire of these apps have a new Shared with You section that features content and links that were shared over iMessage.
For example, in case a user shared a link with you, it will open naturally in Safari. But in case you are required to go back to the link again, instead of opening iMessage and scrolling through the chat, you can just launch the Safari application and check out the link shared with you.
However, several users do not want the Shared With You section crowding up their Safari space. And this does not go away after you launch the link. In case you are annoyed by this feature, you can disable or remove the feature for a specific app or altogether.
How to Disable or Remove Shared With You in Safari on iOS 15
There are a few methods to turn off or remove the Shared With You feature for Safari. To do so from within the Safari itself, iPhone settings App, and iMessage. Then there are the following ways to do it:
How to Disable the Shared With You Feature
To disable the Shared With You feature from iMessage in the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap to open the Settings app
- Select the Message section
- Choose the Shared With You section
- Disable the Automatic Sharing feature in case you wish to turn off the entire feature.
- To turn off the feature on the basis of per-app, you can disable the “TV,” “Music,” Safari,” or “Photos,” app.
- Now, once you launch the specific app, the Share with You section will be not available to you.
Disable ‘Shared With You’ in Safari iOS 15
To disable the Shared with you feature from within the Safari app itself. then follows these steps:
- Lunch the Safari app on your iPhone and iPad
- Scroll down and select the Edit option
- Then Switch the Toggle OFF next to the Shared with You option
Remove a contact from ‘Shared With You’ in iMessage
To delete specific contacts whose images and links you do not wish to see in the Shared With you section in their respective application, turn off Shared With You can seem like overkill. Alternatively, you can just delete or remove the entire content shared by contact from showing in the Shared with your section. Let’s show you how to do so:
- Tap to open iMessage app
- Then press and hold on to a Contact card
- Select the Hide in Shared With You option once appear to you
And that’s all! Content or link shared by this contact will no more appear in the Shared with You section, be it in Safari or any other application that supports the Shared with your feature.
How to Turn On or Enable Shared With You Feature on iPhone and iPad
To turn on or Re-enable the Share with You feature that you turn off or disabled previously. You can enable the feature again from your iPhone and iPad Settings in the following steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and iPad
- Select the Messages option
- Go to the Shared With You section and
- Then switch Toggle on to Automatic Sharing for the specific app.