Do you know how to Turn off or Disable Search Suggestions in the Mozilla Firefox web browser and mobile app? Mozilla Firefox or just Firefox is a free and open-source web browser like Google. The web browser was developed by Mozilla Foundation and its subsidiary. Mozilla Corporation. Once you type something in a search query in Mozilla Firefox’s address bar, you will view different search suggestions shown below your query. If you do not find these suggestions helpful, you can disable them all. Let’s teach you how to do it for your Mozilla Firefox web browser on Computer and Mobile (iPhone and Android) apps.
Options from Mozilla Firefox for You
You can turn it off address bare search suggestions for any search engine that you use in Firefox. This contains Google, DuckDuckGo, Bing, and any other search engines you may have added to Firefox.
Other than that, you can disable search suggestions selectively. This means you can continue to get suggestions in say private windows while stopping or blocking them in regular windows.
How to Disable Search Suggestion in Firefox on Desktop
To turn off unnecessary search suggestions in Mozilla Firefox on your desktop Windows, Linux, Mac, or Chromebook computer. Here are these steps to follow to disable search suggestions.
- Click on the Firefox web browser to open it on your PC
- Select the Menu or Three horizontal lines at the upper right corner
- Now tap on the Options or Settings option from the menu that opens
- Click the Search from the left sidebar on the Settings page
- Scroll down to the Search Suggestions section on the right pane. Then turn off the “Show Search Suggestions in Address Bar Results” option in this section
Tip: To turn off other suggestions in the address bar, like browsing history suggestions, select the “Change Settings for Other Address Bar Suggestions option and then set up the options there.
Turn Off Search Suggestions in Firefox’s Incognito windows
To turn off search suggestions in Mozilla Firefox’s private windows, disable the Show Search Suggestions in the Private Windows option as well. In case this option is disabled already, you do not have to do anything.
These changes will save automatically in Firefox.
And that’s all. After that, you will no more see automatic suggestions while typing a query in Mozilla Firefox’s address bar. You can also clear your browsing history in Firefox.
Turn On Search Suggestions in Mozilla Firefox
To re-enable the search suggestions feature in Firefox that you disabled previously. Here are these to enable search suggestions.
- Open Firefox browser and select the Three Horizontal line at the top left corner
- Select the Options or Settings option from the menu
- Press the Search option from left side pane
- Scroll down to the Search Suggestion section and check the box “Show Search Suggestions in Address Bar Results” in this section
Disable Search Suggestions in Firefox on iPhone and iPad
If you want to disable search suggestions in the Firefox app on your iPhone and iPad devices too. then follows these steps.
- Open Firefox on your iPhone or iPad device
- Tap on the Three horizontal lines or menu it the bottom-right corner
- Select the Settings option from the menu once opens
- Next tap on the Search option on the Settings page.
- Toggle off next to the “Show Search Suggestion” option in the Search menu
And that’s all you have successfully freed up yourself from the bothering of automatic suggestions in Firefox!
Turn on Search Suggestions In Firefox on iPhone and iPad
If you want to re-enable then follow the above same steps: Open Firefox app>Three horizontal lines>Settings>Search option>Toggle on next to Show Search Suggestion.
Disable Search Suggestions in Firefox on Android
If you want turn off search suggestions in Firefox while using the Android mobile app. Then here are the following steps:
- Tap to open the Firefox mobile app on your Android phone
- Tap on the Three-dots at the bottom-right corner of the Firefox app
- Select the Settings option from the menu once open
- Then tap on the Search option on the Settings page
- Scroll all the down to the Search page that opens. Disable the Show Search Suggestions option at the bottom.
And that’s it. You will not bother to see search suggestions in Firefox on your Android phone.
How to Turn Search Suggestions in Firefox on Android phone
If you want to re-enable then follow these steps: Open Mozilla Firefox app>Three-dots Menu>Settings>Search> Switch on Toggle Next to Show Search Suggestions.