Do you know how to use animated Memoji during a FaceTime Call on iPhone and iPad or iPod Touch device? The users of the iPhone and iPad Pro can use the Memoji characters and it is the best way to spice up boring FaceTime calls. Instead of your face with live Memoji talking head for some added fun! In this post, we will show how to use the Memoji on our iPhone and iPad during a FaceTime call.
The Memojis pictures are available on the iPhone X or later version running iOS 12 or later, iPad Pro 11-inch, and iPad Pro 12.9-inch (third generation). An earlier version of iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch devices running iOS 12 can appear Memojis but cannot create them.
What are Emoji and Animoji Features?
An Emoji is a tiny image representing facial expression that can be used in text messages to convey emotions, while an Animoji is a 3D Emoji that is animated with the help of facial motion capture. In other words, the Animoji mimics your facial movement and expressions captured by the camera on your iPhone or iPad. It can also lip-sync with recorded voice messages. A Memoji is an Animoji that you can customize to look like you.
How to use an animated Memoji in FaceTime on your iPhone and iPad Pro or iPod Touch
To use an animated Memoji in FaceTime while using iOS 12 and later version, and iPadOS, you can create a Memoji to match your mood and personality, then send it in FaceTime and Messages. And with a reliable iPhone or iPad, you can create a moveable or animated Memoji that uses your mirror and your voice, facial expressions.
- First from the Message app and set up your Memoji character, you can use them directly in FaceTime
- You can begin a FaceTime call directly from the Phone app, FaceTime app, or the Contacts app. To use the Phone app is one of the fastest and easiest method.
- Tap to open the Contacts tab and then select the Search bar. Type to search for the contact person you wish to FaceTime and tap their name to navigate the contact page.
- Go to the FaceTime section and select the Video button to begin a video call. You can also use the Memoji feature with group FaceTime calls.
- When the video call begins, from the bottom toolbar tap the Effects button and Tap on the Memoji icon.
- Now you can go down through and tap an Animoji or Memoji character. Select a Memoji character that you want to switch to it.
- After that, you will view the Memoji character overlaid on your face.
- As you mover your head and change your expressions, so will the Memoji character on your face. The other person or party will hear your voice, but your Memoji character will be the one doing the talking.
- In fact, you can go ahead and insert Memoji stickers on the upper of your Memoji character. To do this, select the Effects button again and select the Memoji Stickers option
- Tap a Memoji sticker from here
- Now you will view the stickers around your Memoji character. If you wish then you can insert or add more stickers here
- When you are finished with the Memoji character and you wish to remove it, just tap the Effects button
- If you want to end the FaceTime call, then select the End button in the bottom-right side corner of the screen.
Is Memoji available on iPhone 6?
In case you wish to create an emoji that similar to you, known as a Memoji sticker, you will require is an iPhone device that runs iOS 13 and has an A9 chip or the latest or newer one. Apple says: ” All iPhone devices with an A9 chip or newer will support Animoji and Memoji sticker packs”. That’s the following phones: That’s the following phones: iPhone SE, iPhone, 6s and 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
How do I get the Memoji app?
To get the Memoji app then you will need to follow these steps
- Tap to Open Apple’s Message app
- Select the App Store icon next to the text field in a conversation thread
- Press the Avatar Memoji icon from the selection of the App Store apps
- Tap on the Three dots and choose New Memoji
- Select New Memoji to navigate the Memoji builder
- While looking at your iPhone, manage your Memoji preferences like hair and skin color
- Once you are finished, select Done to save the Memoji
- Now tap on the Blue arrow (send) button to send the Memoji in Messages.
How to Turn Off FaceTime on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
If you want to turn off the FaceTime call feature on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac device then visit How to Turn Off FaceTime on iPhone, iPad, and Mac