Twitter is the most popular American microbiological website and social networking worldwide. You can get everything on Twitter From breaking news and entertainment to sports and politics, get the full story with all the live commentary. How to mute unmute someone/ Account on Twiter.
Relevant Reading: Twitter Follow thread to Mute and Unmute
Do you have that one person annoying you follow whose tweets just appearing on your timeline? Maybe they just tweet and retweet far too much, or maybe all their tweets are about a subject you cannot stand. A time will come when you want to unfollow the person on Twitter but don’t want to outwardly offend the person.
Maybe the person is a family member or friend – you want to stay connected with them and view what they have to say, but not all the time. Blocks perhaps look too severe. Plus, if you block someone, you will not be able to interact with them on Twitter at all. Read: How to Delete Followers on Twitter without blocking
If you cannot block or unfollow this person, you can mute the person on Twitter so you will not have to endure the person’s daily tweets storms. Later you can Unmute that person when you change your mind or want to tweet them. Let’s teach how to mute unmute someone’s Twitter account on Twitter.
How to Mute Someone Account on Twitter App Android and iPhone
The method of muting a Twitter account or someone is the same on both Android and iPhone devices. Let’s follow the give instructions to mute someone or Accounts on the Twitter app.
- Open your Twitter App on your Device
- Find the Account on the Twitter main screen or Search with Account name the search bar
- Tap the Menu option to the right-hand side
- Select the Mute option from the popup
- A banner will appear to you that notifies the account has been muted
How to Unmute Account on Twitter App on iPhone and Android
If you want a Twitter Account of someone that muted by mistake or change your mind on your iPhone and Android devices in the following steps:
- Open your Twitter app on your mobile
- Go to the Search Bar and enter the Account Name of the person to search
- Then tap on the Person Profile that you have muted to open the profile
- Tap on the Three-dots from the top left side in the person profile
- Select the Unmute option from the menu or tap the Unmute Link as per the below picture
How to Mute Someone Account on the Twitter Web
If you are using the Twitter.com or website interface and you find a slew of notifications from an individual account. When you muted someone’s account then you will not get any push notifications for the tweet. And you will not find any new activity in the section of Notifications either. Here is what you can do to mute the account of that person.
- Open your Twitter Account with any Web browser
- Go the Notifications section or expanded the Tweet or from the Twitter main page
- Then click the Drop-down arrow option from the top-right corner
- Now, press the Mute This Conversation option
- If you are doing this for the first time you are muting a thread or conversation, a banner will appear will show you what the mute function does.
- Here, press the Mute This option. If you are muting a conversation next time you will not view this banner
After that, the account will be muted instantly, and you will not get any more notifications for new twitter replies.
How to Unmute Someone Account On Twitter Web
Once you change your mind and want to unmute someone’s account on the Twitter web. Then follow the below steps to unmute a Twitter account.
- Open your Twitter web with any web browser
- Go the Search bar and type the name of the person or username you want to unmute
- Click on the Profile photo or Name of the Thread or Conversation to open the profile
- Now click on Three Horizontal Dots or see the Unmute link under the profile photo
- Select the Unumute option
- Click the Unmute option from the popup on your screen
After that the Tweets from this account will be allowed in your home timeline again.
Alternative Way to Unmuted Someone or Accounts on Twitter App and Web
Here are some of the alternative ways to unmute someone’s Account from your Twitter. While using a Mobile app on Android or iOS (iPhone & iPad) and Desktop web browser.
How to Unmute Someone Account on Twitter Web
- Open your Twitter account on the Web browser on your PC
- Log in to your Account if not
- Select the Notification option from the left side panel on profile
- Then click on the Gear icon to the right side of the Notification section
- Click on the Muted tab under the Notification
- Select the Muted Accounts tab under Muted
- Now you will see three tabs All Accounts, Following Accounts, & Not Following Accounts under Muted Accounts
- Select All accounts and Find the Thread or Conversation click on the Muted icon to Unmute it
- You will see a notification that Person Successfully Unmuted
You can also Go to More option and Select Settings and Privacy>Privacy and Safety tab> Select Muted Accounts.
How to Unmute Someone Twitter Account on iPhone and Android App
- Tap to Open Twitter App on your Mobile phone
- Log in to your Twitter Account if not
- Then tap on your Profile Picture from the top left side
- Select the Settings and Privacy option
- Tap on the Privacy and Saftey option
- Scroll down and tap the Muted Accounts option
- Now you will the List of All Muted Accounts and blocked Threads or Conversation with left side red color Mute icon
- Select the Three-dots from the top right side and tap the Unmute option from the menu
- You can select the Unmuted link in the person profile page
- Confirm your action to tap again on the Unmute option from the popup
I think the above ways of mute unmute someone’s account on Twitter will be enough. If you wish mute unmute more accounts then repeat the same methods for all other you wish.
Here are the following some questions asked by different people and you might interested to read it.
How to Mute Conversation Twitter?
Let’s show you to a mute conversation via Twitter for Android or iOS app or from twitter.com. Here are the following given steps:
- Open Twitter.com or Twitter App
- Go to a reply in the Conversation or Tweet detail of any Tweet you want to mute
- Tap or click the menu icon
- Then tap the Mute This Conversation from the menu
How to use Twitter Mute Checker?
Has someone muted you on Twitter? and use Twitter mute checker How To Tell if Someone Muted you on Twitter. Here are the following instructions:
- Tap to open Tweetdeck and then create a Home column in the main view
- Now add the person you suspect has muted you into this view
- Then post a Tweet your all followers and then watch to view if it appears in the Home column
- If you view your Tweet show in that column, you have not been muted
- If your Tweet doesn’t show in the column
- Consider it is likely that you have been muted
What are the best words to mute on twitter?
What words to mute on twitter? Via mobile.twitter.com in the following steps:
- Open your Twitter account
- Then go to your Notification tab
- Select the gear icon
- Then tap Muted Words
- Press +Add muted or Phrase
- Enter in the word or hashtag you would like to mute
- If you want to mute that word or phrase on your Home timeline, mark checkbox
- If you want to mute that word or phrase for your Notifications, mark the checkbox
- Select whether this from only people I follow or From anyone (for Notification only)
- Under for how long? Choose b/w 7 days from now or 30 days from now or Forever, 24 hr from now)
- Tap the Save option
- You will view a Muted icon and the Mute time period next to each entered word or hashtag.