Do you how to print to PDF on the macOS device? Want to save a document or webpage as a pdf file. Most of the people want to save a document as PDF for printing and sharing with others. But they do not have a printer device available at that time. If you also among them want to print a document, but unfortunately, you do not have a printer device or you want to keep it for your records in a stable format that will never edit or change easily. In this situation, you can print or save as a PDF file. Fortunately, the macOS device makes it easy and simple to do this for you this from almost any application.
How to Print to PDF in Mac OS X
The macOS (Apple’s Macintosh operating system) has contained system-level support for PDF format files for twenty years now since the original Mac OS X Public Beta. The PDF printer function is available from almost any app that allows printing, such as Chrome, Pages, Safari, or Microsoft Word. Let’s show how to do it in the following steps:
- Click on the File or Document your want to print a PDF file
- Click on the File option in the menu bar from the top of the screen
- Select the Print option from the Menu
- Alternative, you can press the Command+P
- A printing dialog will pop-up to your and ignore the Print option
- Click on the small drop-down menu labeled PDF at the bottom of the Print window
- Select the Save as PDF from the PDF drop-down menu
- The Save dialog will pop-up on your screen
- Enter the file name you want and select the destination on your device (such as Desktop or Documents)
- Then select the Save option
After the printed document file will then save as PDF file in the destination you selected. If you double-click or press the PDF file to open it that you just created, you should see the document in the same way it would show preview if you printed it on paper.
From there you can back it up, copy it anywhere, or perhaps save it for later reference. It’s up to you.
How to Save a document as a PDF on Mac
You can share a document file with other friends or people by saving it in PDF (Portable Document Format). Even people or users without the application you used to create the document file will be able to see and read it as long as they have a PDF viewer, such as Adobe or Preview.
To save a document as a PDF on Mac Open the Document>choose File>Print>Select PDF menu>Choose to Save as PDF option>Type name>location for PDF file>Enter info, Title, Author, Subject, & Keywords fields>To Protect your Document file with a password code>click the Security Options.