Do you know how to automatically translate a web page in Microsoft Edge? How to get a Translator for Microsoft Edge – Microsoft Store. To know in the latest version of Microsoft’s Edge web browser functions automatic translation of website pages in foreign languages. In this article, you will learn how to use the built-in Microsoft Translator feature-and how to enable or turn on translation if it is been turn off or disabled in your web browser.
How to Automatically Translate a Web Page in Microsoft Edge
Let’s show how to automatically translate a web page in Microsoft Edge. In the below article I will cover the related topics like translation is built into the new Edge Browser, How to Translate a Foreign Language Website, Automatically Translate Websites in a Language, to Stop Edge from Translating a Language, How to Enable Translation Feature in Microsoft Edge, Choose Your Preferred Languages, & What to Do When Microsoft Translate Isn’t Enough.
Translation is Built into the New Edge Browser
In this post, you will learn the new version or latest version of the Microsoft Edge browser. The browser has translation features or functions built-in, and I recommend upgrading to it in the following steps:
- Go the Microsoft Edge website
- Download and install it on Mac, Window and any other OS (operating systems)
- It is based on Chromium-you will just Google Chrome is
- So the Chrome users will find it especially familiar
- If you are still using the old or classic version of Microsoft Edge that came with Windows 10
- Then you are able to get an automatic translation by installing the Translator for Microsoft Edge browser extension from the Microsoft Store
How to Translate a Foreign Language Website
If you open a foreign-language website page in the latest or new Microsoft Edge browser. The Edge should offer you to automatically to translate the page for you. If it does not happen then you will need to follow these steps:
- Go the Address bar in the Microsoft Edge
- Click on the Show Translate Options button to view translation options
- This button will appear to the left of the star (favorites) icon
- It is visible if Microsoft Edge things the current web page is in a foreign language
- If want to translate a web page
- Select the language you desire to translate it to
- Click the Translate then it will be automatically translated in the current web browser window
- The Translate icon in the address bare will change to blue color while you are watching a translated web page
- If you want to view the original then select the Show Translate Options button again
- Then click Show original
How to Automatically Translate Websites in a Language
If you want to automatically translate all websites in a particular foreign language then follow these steps:
- Select the Always Translate Page from [Language] the checkbox that appears in the Translate popup
- Then you can browser and Microsoft Edge will automatically translate web pages in that language as they appear.
If you want to undo this change select the Show Translate Options button again and uncheck Always Translate pages from [Language], and then click the Done option
How to Stop Edge from Translating a Language
If you do not want to browse websites in a foreign language without Edge asking you to translate them, then you will need to:
- Click the arrow Not Now once the popup
- Then select Never translate [Language]
- Microsoft Edge will not automatically ask you to translate web pages in that language anymore
- But you can still select the Translate option while viewing websites in a foreign language to translate single web pages or undo this change
How to Enable Translation Feature in Microsoft Edge
Let’s show how to enable the Translation feature in Microsoft Edge. The Edge uses the Microsoft Translate online service feature to translate web pages. It will depend on the online service in Edge like other features, this function can be turned off. If it is, you will not view a button option to translate foreign-language web pages. Here are these steps to follow to re-enable or turn on translation features:
- Open Microsoft Edge browser
- Select the menu option from the top right side
- Click on the Settings option
- Go to the Language and ensure “Offer to translate pages that are not in a language I read” option is turn on or enabled
How to Choose Your Preferred Languages
You can also select your preferred languages from this screen. For example, if you read both French and English, you can ensure both languages appear under “preferred Languages” here and Edge will never ask you to translate web pages in French and English.
What to Do When Microsoft Translate Isn’t Enough
The Translator of Microsoft features is a powerful tool, but sometimes it does not translate every language in the world. Right now, we count a list of seventy-four supported languages. The machine is unable to translate perfectly either—some files or documents may not be translated properly or clearly.
As per Google Translate, it can translate even more languages, and its translation functions may apply when Microsoft Translate cannot translate something properly or clearly. If you want again translate a web page.
- Visit the Google Translate website via Microsoft Edge
- Now Copy and paste the URL Link of the web page you wish to translate into Google Translate and then click the Address
- Then Google will automatically attempt to determine the language of the web page and translate it to your current language
- But you can change these languages by selecting the From and To boxes at the upper of the page
- You can visit to use the Google Translate website to translate web pages via any web browser
- It is specifically useful in browsers with no automatic translation functions or features built-in
FAQ-Frequently Ask Questions
Here are some of the following frequently asked questions by different people related how to automatically translate of web page in Microsoft Edge.
How to Get Translator for Microsoft Edge – Microsoft Store
To get a translator for the Microsoft Edge browser. In the following below steps:
- Go Microsoft Edge browser
- See the Microsoft Translator icon in the address bar when you are visiting a foreign-language webpage
- Then select the icon to immediately translate the webpage to your preferred language
- You can also select the text you desired to translate and then right-click to get in-line translations
How to Use Microsoft Translator in Edge browser
Now Microsoft Translator is available in the Edge browser. Microsoft Translator is free for Edge and can use to translate 60+ foreign languages. It is available on the top right side of your browser address bar. If you did not see then you can download the Translator for the Microsoft Edge browser.
Edge translate to Spanish
To use Edge translate multiple languages like Spanish, English, French, German, Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese, Japanese, Dutch, & Greek for more details click here.
Edge translator icon not showing
If the Edge translator icon not showing or you cannot see the Edge translator icon in you browser address bar right side. It is mean that you did not download and install the Translator for the Microsoft Edge browser.