Do you know how to enable Dark Mode in Google Maps on Android, iPhone, and iPad? The dark mode is now available in Google Maps on Android or iPhone and iPad devices. Dark Mode is one of the most famous trends of the last decade. Now every device and the major app has a dark mode and theme, which is best for users that prefer dimmer colors for eyes and help you save power on your Android, iPhone, and iPad. It is also helpful during you are using it for driving directions at night time. Here is how to turn it on and will take a few tips to do it.
How to turn on dark mode in Google Maps on your iPhone or Android
The Google Maps app lunch a dark theme that is running iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 and Android 10 or higher. To get started, you need to confirm first Installed or update the Google Maps app on your latest version on your Android or iPhone and iPad devices. Let’s show you both ways to turn on dark mode in Google Maps on your iOS (iPhone or iPad) and Android devices.
Turn on Dark Mode in Google Maps on iPhone and iPad
To switch dark mode in Google Maps, you will require to do it inside the application for the first time. After that, it can enable automatically once your device enters dark mode, as you will see later.
- Tap to open the Google Maps app on your devices
- Select your Profile photo on the upper right side
- Select the Settings option in the menu that appears
- Go to the Using Maps Sections tap on the Dark Mode option
- Select the On to switch on the dark theme in the Dark Mode options
Another way, you can tap on the Same As Device Settings option that will turn on automatically the dark theme whenever you switch on dark mode on your iPhone and iPad devices.
That’s all! Exit from the Settings, and you are right to go. Remember one thing to use the Google Maps widgets with a dark theme, you will be required to switch dark mode on your iPhone and iPad devices.
How to Turn On Dark Mode in Google Maps on Android Phone
Enable dark mode in Google Maps on your Android phone can help you to save your battery. The dark mode in Google Maps is available on Android 10 version or higher phones. Here is how to switch it on:
- Open Google Maps app on your phone
- Tap on the Profile picture from top right-side
- Select the Settings option from the menu that’s appear
- Now tap on Them option and then Always in dark theme, or Same as device theme in case your Android phone has system-wide dark mode turned on.
If you are unable to see these menu and options appear, try closing the application and turning on your phone’s system-wide dark mode, then try again.
There is also an option that you will see a menu shows when you launch the application asking you which color scheme you wish. Without any hesitate tap dark mode from this menu to turn it on quickly.