Do you know how to uninstall apps and games on Android TV? It is very simple and easy to set up upper boxes to get loaded with many streaming media applications. In case you are not using these applications or games further, it is the best idea to delete or uninstall it to get free up some storage space and potentially improve your device performance. In this article, you will learn how to uninstall or remove apps on Android TV.
Note: This post only applies to particular products of Android TVs and/or OS (Operating Systems). Please read the Applicable Products and Categories section of this post before starting the given below steps.
How do I uninstall applications on Android TV?
To know how to uninstall applications and Games on Andriod TV. Here are these steps to follow to uninstall apps and games on Android TV:
- You will need to use the D-pad on your Android TV’s remove to select the Apps option from the top home screen row on the left side
- Next, select the app or game you wish to uninstall from the list
- Press and hold down the Enter or Select key on your remote and choose the Uninstall option from the pop-up menu
- Choosing the button will navigate a new screen. It will ask if you wish to uninstall the app. Select the OK
- That is all there is to it! You have now uninstalled a game or app from your Android TV
Remember that you will be unable to uninstall applications that were preinstalled on our Android TV set-top box or TV set. For instance, Netflix cannot be uninstalled on the Nvidia Shield TV; the option colored is grayed out.
How to Delete or Uninstall App In the Play Store on Android TV
To delete or uninstall applications in the Play Store on Android TV in the following given steps:
- Select the Home button on the TV remote control
- Press Apps and select the Google Play Store to open
- Select My Apps by using the navigation keys of the TV remote control in the Google Play Store screen
- Press the App to uninstall
- Select the Uninstall option
- Press the OK.
Tip: In case you do not want an application to appear in the top row of the Android TV Home screen, turn off notifications for that application. Visit the Settings and then Applications or Apps. Then tap an app and then select an application and then Notifications and then Off.